Topic: How our daughter met Aki – In-law, Mr. Lawrence Nwajah  (Read 2785 times)

How our daughter met Aki – In-law, Mr. Lawrence Nwajah
« on: December 11, 2011, 08:16:31 AM »
Mr Larence Nwajah, a retired civil servant, from the University Teaching Hospital(UNTH), Enugu, is Aki’s father in-law. He was at the church service to hand over his daughter to Aki, Sunday Entertainment cornered him there for this brief chat.

How do you describe your daughter?

She is a well-trained lady, respectful and down-to-earth. I brought up my children in a Christian way, and I’m blessed with seven of them. Nneoma is my second daughter.

How did your daughter break the news of her getting married to Aki?

Aki's In-laws, Mr and Mrs Larence Nwajah

Nneoma graduated from the Enugu State University of Science and Technology(ESUT). She did her National Youth Service, here in Lagos, and this is where she met Aki.

I remember that during one of her visits to the village, she hinted her mother that she had found her husband. As a mother, she encouraged her to break the news to me. And when she finally did, I welcomed the idea, because I married my wife without anybody’s interference.

Aki and his wife, Nneoma

I only said to her, ‘You have come of age, and I cannot choose a husband for you. Since you have found the man you want to marry, go ahead and marry the person. You will have my blessing.’ Later, I inquired to know who the lucky man was, and she mentioned Aki. I told her plainly,’ I have no problem with him’.

The first time you saw Chinedu, did you feel disappointed?

Not at all, Chinedu decided to marry my daughter and she accepted the proposal. Who am I to oppose the marriage? I never said Chinedu should not enter my compound, just as his father never said his son will not marry my daughter. We are all here today, to give them our blessings.

They are wedding today. What’s your advice to the couple?

I wish them the best of marriage life. I want a child from them and I pray that God will bless them with many children. By this time next year, I hope to come back to Lagos, to celebrate with them, on the arrival of their baby