Topic: Why Goodluck Jonathan Will Win In 2015 Election – By Reno Omokri  (Read 2082 times)

The Special Assistant to President Jonathan on New Media, Reno Omokri writes on why he believes the president will win in 2015. Read below and tell us what you think…
My dear brothers and sisters, a number of you have asked me, particularly on Social Media, why I think President Goodluck Jonathan deserves your vote. I will use this space to answer that question headlong and unequivocally, because I believe with every fiber of my being that reelecting President Jonathan is the best course of action that Nigerians can take if we do not want to go back to the old ways in which the government dictated to us rather than related to us.
Everything about the emergence of President Jonathan as the candidate of the PDP shows his party and it’s candidate as the only truly national candidate.  The National Convention in the Federal Capital Territory, which is known as the ‘Center of Unity’ was auspicious and befitting as the PDP is the only political party that projects one united and indivisible Nigeria.
Nigerians can take pride in the PDP and its pan Nigerian credentials. The party does not have regional bases. The whole nation is its base.
The ruling has a unique ability to unite as a party that goes on to unite Nigeria as a nation.
The PDP is the largest party in Africa and under this banner, we have grown our economy to the point where it is now the largest economy in Africa proving that as the PDP grows stronger, Nigeria grows stronger.
And with all due respect, the choice between the PDP’s candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan and the opposition’s candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari is clear.

Lagosians who are today escaping Lagos traffic via the air conditioned Goodluck train must be under no illusion that this service just appeared from nowhere. No. It came about via a visionary long term plan whose ultimate goal when fully implanted will see a Lagos-Ibadan High Speed metro line that will enable people live in Ibadan and work in Lagos. The contract was signed in August 2012 for $1.5 billion  and the management of the Chinese Firm CCECC has mobilized to site.
The project itself, being part of the Interstate Rail Project, has been listed by KPMG as one of the world’s top 100 infrastructure projects!
This is a fulfillment of the idea that Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande had way back in 1982-3 but which was delayed when the military thought they had murdered that idea by canceling the project. But that project has been given new life today by the President Goodluck Jonathan administration because as Thomas Sankara said “you cannot kill ideas”.
Some people erroneously think that President Jonathan will not do well in the 2015 election in Katsina State, but the people of Katsina will vote for President Jonathan because he built the only Federal University in Katsina state as well as the only 6 Almajiri schools in that state. Before the ascension of the President to power, Katsina and 11 other states had no Federal Universities.!
The 2015 election is about records. The President has his record and the opposition have theirs.
The days of selling a candidate based on his ethnicity, region and religion must go forever. 2015 must be about issues, records and ideas!
I, Reno Omokri, am proud to say that President Jonathan has never publicly or privately called for violence or bloodshed.
President Jonathan’s has bequeathed a good Human Right Record to Nigeria. No political Prisoners exist in Nigeria. No one is imprisoned for their views under President Jonathan. What is the opposition’s Human Right record?
When President Jonathan took office in 2010, it used to take an average of  7-8 hours to go from Benin to Lagos. Today, after the reconstruction. (Not repair) of the Benin-Ore road, that same journey can be done in 3 hours and the President sent the Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, to undertake the journey and verify the Estimated Travel Time on that road.
Some people say the opposition is coming to fight corruption and I ask them if they have seen the latest Corruption Perception Index released by Transparency International 2 weeks ago?
Under President Jonathan, Nigeria progressed 8 points upward in the scale proving that the President is tackling corruption headlong.
The major progress Nigeria made in the 2014 Corruption Perception Index released by Transparency International are the result of the clinical surgical incision made by President Jonathan at the root of corruption in Nigeria.
Gone are the show trials that glorify style over substance with media prosecutions that do not lead to convictions. Under Jonathan, Nigeria has had more corruption convictions than at any other time and Transparency International noticed.
Remember that the Fertilizer Procurement and Distribution sub sector of the Agricultural sector was  a veritable channel of corruption. Billions of dollars went into private pockets as middlemen inflated costs and supplied adulterated products to farmers. But under President Jonathan’s watch, 14 million farmers were registered by the Ministry of Agriculture who connected them directly to the product through an e-wallet system by which the Agriculture ministry send texts to farmers to go and pick up their fertilizer and seeds direct from their locality.
What greater anti corruption credential can you have than to weed out 50,000 ghost workers from the Federal Civil service saving Nigeria almost 350 billion Naira per annum?
As I speak to you, the Abuja-Kaduna Rail project has been completed, under budget and under the time frame for which this administration promised which is as a result of the new efficiency of the Federal Civil Service which, through the Federal Ministry of Works, had been able to supervise the contractors efficiently because no kickbacks exchanged hands.
My brothers and sisters, as I unveil my candidate to you, I am confident not only that he will win the 2015 Presidential elections based on his record, I will further call on you and other well meaning Nigerians, that If you value human life, please urge INEC to make candidates take an oath not to incite violence when they lose in 2015.
I sometimes wonder if the opposition think that President Jonathan is a time traveller. Why do I say so? When the opposition says Nigeria’s problem is Jonathan perhaps they should explain why we had problems when some of them where in power. Is it that President Jonathan travelled back into the past to create the problems they faced?

http://www.clemmag.com/goodluck-jonathan-will-win-2015-election-reno-omokri/