Topic: Stevie Nicks comment On Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey Fight:  (Read 2088 times)

Stevie Nicks comment On Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey Fight:
« on: October 10, 2012, 08:21:10 PM »

While poolside in East Hampton, N.Y. promoting her new documentary, “In Your Dreams,” Nicks commented on the "American Idol" feud between veteran vocalist Mariah Carey and rapper Nicki Minaj. Footage obtained from the "A.I." auditions showed Minaj threatening Carey by saying things like "off with your head" and "I will knock you out."

“How dare this little girl! … If I had been Mariah I would have walked over to Nicki and strangled her to death right there," Nicks told The Daily. “I would have killed her in front of all those people and had to go to jail for it."

Nicks shot to stardom in the 70s as singer for Fleetwood Mac, while Carey first earned celebrity cred in the early 90s. Minaj, conversely, is a relative newcomer to the industry: She released her first mixtape in 2007, but did not have her big break until 2010's "Pink Friday"

The 64-year-old Nicks said that, if she were an aspiring singer today, she would go on "American Idol." Nicks, however, has no plans of ever judging the show -- even though she was a coach for contestants last season.

“If you stick me in the middle of a burning fire,” she told The Daily, “I don’t think I’d like it very much.”

The Minaj-Carey feud has renewed interest in the upcoming season of "A.I.," but some think the fight was staged to boost ratings.

“I think right now because the show isn’t airing, they are trying to keep the buzz up,” Season 3 contestant Diana DeGarmo told Celebuzz. “I think it’s just a case of them causing a stir to get people excited to see it. Then when it starts, it’ll be back to the contestants.”

However, other reports claim that there really is bad blood between the two.

Barbara Walters, a friend of Carey's, said that the singer had revealed that Minaj had threatened to shoot her.

TMZ, which first released the "A.I." fight tape, claims that the Minaj-Carey feud goes back years.

The Harajuku Barbie appeared in Carey's 2010 music video for “Up Out My Face.”Minaj was not a superstar at the time, however, and Carey reportedly felt like she was helping to foster Minaj's career.

"Mariah went out of her way to be nice to Nicki and make her comfortable," B. Scott, a TV personality and Internet celeb who also appeared in the video, told TMZ. But Minaj was supposedly rude to Carey even then, "making faces at her [Mariah] laced with rude comments under her breath."