Topic: Mavin Group: Is There Trouble in Paradise?  (Read 1896 times)

Mavin Group: Is There Trouble in Paradise?
« on: October 15, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »

The birth of Mavin immediately after the demise of Mo’Hits signaled a new era. The signing of Tiwa Savage made fans’ expectations soar, and people could only fold their arms and expect the best. Recent events however has kept die-hard fans of the new Mavin group praying that this should not be a sign of trouble in their new found paradise.

NET reported a secret recording leaked which could stir up more controversies and give a little more insight as to why the defunct Mo’Hits group broke up.

According to the report, Dr. Sid in the recording was heard talking in a rather upset tone about how his former label boss D’banj’s personality was over-shining his and the rest of the crew members.

“Why don’t they know my name? Because your brand and star is too much it is overshadowing‘, Dr. Sid angrily said.

Wande Coal, the other voice reportedly in the audio had a different opinion. He argued with Dr. Sid, explaining that it was D’banj that actually brought them to the limelight.

“Guuuy, it’s not that, D’banj can help anybody ….If not for D’banj nobody would have looked at Wande, guy I dey lie? Men, I don’t know”

Dr. Sid argues further in disagreement with Wande Coal’s stance, “Batman and Robin, who them dey call? Na D’banj na. D’banj did more negative than positive for my career”

NET says “The date of the recording is not known but sources close to the camp say it is just a few weeks old.”

In response to the report by NET, Dr. Sid has refuted the claims that it was his voice in the audio discussion with Wande Coal.

“@theNetng before I respond to ur post please upload the full convo and for the record the person u call wande coal is actually @iam_davido.”
Sources have hinted Dr. Sid was one of the ‘devils’ behind the Mo’Hits split, with claims that he always wanted to be reckoned with in the group as much as D’banj was. Wande the sources believed “was content as the fan favourite, D’Prince is okay as long as his elder brother makes the money.”

Dr. Sid’s message to NET keeps one wondering how Davido is concerned in all of these.

Davido sure would say something about this soon as he’s not unaware of Dr. Sid’s claim. Until then, let’s say it was Davido who said those words about D’banj. Why do you think he’d say such?

source: www.informationnigeria.com