Topic: Meet Super producer, Onesoul (photos)  (Read 2050 times)

Meet Super producer, Onesoul (photos)
« on: September 08, 2015, 01:00:53 AM »
Meet Super producer, Onesoul (photos)

Ideh Chukwuma Innocent a.k.a. Onesoul was born on the 4th of September early 80s in Ogun State, Nigeria. As a child, though originally from Edo State, he moved to Lagos where he had his primary and secondary education. Afterwards. He went to the University of Lagos to study International relations but as fate would have it; the drive for film kept knocking which led him to leave the course behind and move to South Africa in order to train as a film maker. 

Innocent worked with Silverbird communications for 3 years before heading to South Africa to study film making. He majored in DIRECTING, PRODUCING and EDITINGthen returned to Nigeria in November 2014.

On his return to Nigeria in November, he set up a company which he named HEAT FACTORY I.C.I. His vision was to make a mark and help with the advancement of film production in Africa.

In his early days as a filmmaker, Innocent worked with various Nigerian artistssuch as BANKY W, ARA, ICE PRINCE, PUFFY T, TIMI DAKOLO, NNEKA, SHANK, MAHEEDA, GENERAL PYPE, KEFEE, SOUND SULTAN, ONYEKA ONWENU and the list goes on... making music videos for these artists. He advanced to shootingdocumentaries, TV commercials and TV shows for Brand companies such as Trace urban, Glo, Nokia , 2wice As Nice studios, Ibru foundation to mention afew. 

In January 2015 he signed a multi million naira production deal with 2WICE AS NICE STUDIOS and IBRU FOUNDATION as the companies' official movie director. This deal will keep him busy for the three years of his career that followed; making series of feature length cinema movies which would premiere across different parts of Africa, Europe and America.

In March 2015, he embarked on his first full length movie production for 2WICE AS NICE STUDIOS and IBRU FOUNDATION which was titled DIANA’S VERDICT starring young actress AMAKA OBI, SEUN AKINDELE, FRED AMATA and KEPPY EKPEYONG BASSEY. The movie which was written, produced and directed by ONESOUL himselffocuses on the fight to stop violence against women. Official movie website is www.dianasverdict.com

After the production success of DIANA’S VERDICT, he did not waste time to kick start the second movie production for the year. This time it would be the sad love story titled ANGER. The film paraded big names such as JIDE KOSOKO, KEIRA HEWATCH, KUNLE REMI, ADAORA UKOH e.t.c, also produced and directed by ONESOUL. Official movie website is www.angermovie.com

No doubt the contract between ONESOUL and 2WICE AS NICE STUDIO reeks of success and huge potential for the future because, By end of July 2015, 2WICE AS NICE STUDIOS released funding for the third film on the row within the same year. This time, it would be a project that will stand really tall among the three. The movie boasts of a fine cast that includes the likes of; YEMI BLAQ, SEGUN ARINZE, KUNLE COKER, ELVINA IBRU, DEDE MABIAKU, ADAORA UKOH, MOFE DUNCAN and up-comer, LINDA OSIFO. This one, which is titled CAJOLING tells the story of deceit, love and betrayal and was Co-written by ONESOUL, produced and directed by him. The movie is currently under post production and will surely come out as a block buster that everyone would want to watch.

With all this, it is obvious that the young film maker who has done a lot in less than one year of relocating home is ready to take the Nigerian and African film industry to another level with his fresh ideas, skills, training and talent.

In his word ‘’In Africa there are so many talented youths with great ideas and skills but not too many of them have the opportunity to express themselves and put these skills into play. I come from a very humble background where I had to work extremely hard for anything I ever wanted. If I wanted to eat, I had to work for it. If I wanted shoes, I had to work for it. If I wanted clothes and a roof over my head, I sure did have to work hard for it. I also strove to get the education that I got because I knew that if I wanted to be successful, I had to work twice as hard for it. I didn’t get anything on a platter of gold so I know that I have to give everything the best that I have got. I feel blessed with the opportunity given to me by 2WICE AS NICE STUDIOS. It is hard to see people who believe in young talent like myself but they strongly do and are investing so much for my career to be a success and I owe everything to them. This speaks to every young entrepreneur or creative person out there who has a passion for something. Stick to it and give it your best shot. Be focused and one day the sky will be your beginning. My dream is to be the best in the business, My dream is to be the best out of the African continent, to be the Stephen Spielberg of AFRICA. So help me GOD!

ONESOUL is currently getting ready for his next two productions back to back. One is titled THE LAST JOB which is the first movie franchise in Africa and a series he is producing for MNET titled "crime, love and politics" CLAP.
 Between January and February 2016 another multi million naira Feature, film project will be shot with the title, PILLARS OF AFRICA. A project he has been working on for over 3years. Still written and to be directed by ONESOUL. The film will be produced by the PRESIDENT and CREATIVE DIRECTOR of 2WICE AS NICE STUDIOS, in the person of ELVINA IBRU and executive produced by the C.E.O, OBUKOME IBRU.  This will also line up a couple of international actors, financed and managed by 2WICE AS NICE STUDIOS and the IBRU FOUNDATION.

Somewhere in Africa there is a man called ONESOUL. He was born IDEH CHUKWUMA INNOCENT. Soon the world will hear of him - BRACE YOURSELF.

Source: Meet Super producer, Onesoul (photos)