Topic: HOW TO GET RID OF COLIC IN BABIES – LOCAL STYLE!  (Read 1836 times)

HOW TO GET RID OF COLIC IN BABIES – LOCAL STYLE!
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:35:47 AM »
Hi there! Have you cast your vote for yesterday’s poll that asks “WHAT IS THE WORST THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE FOR MONEY”? Click the link to vote http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/10/06/poll-tuesday-what-is-the-worst-thing-you-have-ever-done-for-money/

Now on Monday, I told you I was going to share another one of my unconventional tips for mothers and parents out there. Well today is the day I share and it is about “getting rid of colic in babies” (local style).

I recently shared it with my friend and her mum who battled with colic after she had her first child so now that she just had her second, she sought my advice on how to get rid of it. And I thought why don’t I also share this method with my lovely readers? smiley

So here goes:

This post is for all those parents out there who are unable to get enough rest due to something called “COLIC” that affects babies from birth up until six months when it completely vanishes. Basically, as a result of “colic”, the baby for unknown reasons keeps crying for more than three hours in a day, EVERY DAY. Unlucky parents experience this crying at night.

Like my mother-in-law describes it, she says it is caused by the opening in the navel where the umbilical cord was attached from. That opening according to her takes a long time to heal and even though it closes on the outside after a few days after birth, it takes longer to completely heal on the inside.

So (still according to her), it is that healing process that makes the baby very uncomfortable and makes them cry unceasingly even after you have fed, changed and napped them. They still can’t seem to stop crying.

She says it gives them the same feeling of having menstrual cramps and you already know how menstrual pain can be uncomfortable in women now imagine in a little baby.

Some of you must have tried all the “gripe water” they sell in the market just to get your baby to stop crying as a result of colic but still to no avail. Today’s method is a definite remedy to all of that and as you pretty much have already guessed the source of my unconventional/local style solution to colic is MY MOTHER-IN-LAW.

Yeah! All thanks to her, I only know the theoretical aspect of Colic as I actually never experienced it with my child.

So for your information, her method doesn’t only get rid of colic, it has been proven several times to PREVENT it as well.

Once again, this method has been tested and tried SEVERAL TIMES. So feel free to use it but I advise first timers should have an older woman present to administer it like your mum or anyone with more experience in handling babies. It’s not compulsory but precautionary.

Now, I am sure most mothers are familiar with the act of pressing the navel (utobolo) with hot water. When I say “pressing” I do not mean the utobolo itself but rather the “surroundings of the utobolo”.

Usually, when bathing the baby, you use a wash cloth to press the surroundings of the utobolo in order to relieve the baby of gas, cramps and what have you.

Well this method tackles colic from that aspect as well and here’s what you do.

Firstly, here are the ingredients needed:

Alligator Pepper

UDA seeds (the spice used to make pepper soup)

The baby’s navel that fell few days after being born (utobolo)

A small piece of cloth (like the pieces of a wrapper)

New Lantern or Charcoal

Don’t worry guys; we’re not making soup lol

Now the second step is to mix the ingredients.

Click on the link to continue reading the post

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/10/07/how-to-get-rid-of-colic-in-babies-local-style/