Topic: ABORTION, BIRTH CONTROL, SIN OF THE HOLY SPIRIT – THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ANOMALIES  (Read 1998 times)

Sometime last month on Linda Ikeji’s blog, I read a post saying that His Holiness Pope Francis grants Catholic priests the right to “forgive” women who have had abortions. Read the post here.

Before I proceed with today’s post, let me just say how naive and uninformed we Nigerians can be. As a blogger, how can you not research the accurate information before posting it for millions of people to see?

Fellow Catholics would have obviously caught this error in the post headline while non-Catholic’s will definitely misconstrue the headline for exactly what it says which is totally against what the Catholic church represents.

Just for clarification for non-Catholics, Reverend Fathers or Priests of the Catholic church DO NOT “forgive” sin. They merely ABSOLVE you of your sin meaning they set or declare (someone) free from blame, guilt, or responsibility by giving absolution and penance for (a sin).

Please do not be misinformed and do not get the wrong idea of the Catholic church. Only God can forgive sin. Catholic priests HAVE NEVER  and WILL NEVER be able “forgive” sin.

Today’s post does not entirely reprimand our Nigerian bloggers but rather it discusses some of the irregularity, incongruity and somewhat absurdity of the Catholic doctrine. I am a die hard, dedicated Catholic but even I sometimes question the doctrine the Catholic church teaches.

I am going to touch on the few mentioned in today’s topic one after the other.

Firstly, ABORTION

Like we must have read in the link I embedded to Pope Francis’ declaration, Catholic priests have now been granted permission from His Holiness to ABSOLVE (not forgive) the sin of abortion.

Yes, abortion is a sin. Abortion is murder! I totally agree with that BUT why were Catholic priests not able to “absolve” the sin of abortion from someone who comes with a contrite heart and is truly sorry for her sins?

I find it to be totally wrong that those who commit abortion are more or less “condemned” to Hell and expelled from the Catholic church.

I am a firm believer that sin is sin and no sin is greater than the other but the Catholic church doesn’t agree with me on that – will touch more on the different types of sin according to the Catholic church later on in this post.

I remember one time growing up and the priest did an altar call for those who have committed abortion or supported a friend in committing abortion. Initially, no one was willing to come out as they were all afraid of getting “excommunicated” from the Catholic church.

The priest had to assure them that there would be no adverse punishment for coming out and that he simply was creating an opportunity for those living with such sin to bare their burden and free their hearts from sin.

It definitely took a bit of courage but eventually people started coming out all claiming to have “supported a friend” in committing abortion lol

Now, doesn’t it seem wrong that people are scared to ask God to forgive their sins? The Bible says in James 5:16 that “confess your sins to each other and pray for each other, so that you may be forgiven” – this is the backing of the Catholic church for “confession of sin” to a priest.

It doesn’t say “confess your sins (except abortion)”. It clearly says confess your SINS!!!! As many as can be.

I believe Pope Francis is the Pope of the people and I know that he is going to effect changes in some of the most rigid and unpractical rules in the Catholic church, starting with abortion.

Next is BIRTH CONTROL

Click on the link below to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/10/12/abortion-birth-control-sin-of-the-holy-spirit-the-catholic-church-anomalies/