Topic: BLEACHING VS TONING – THE SIMPLE TRUTH!  (Read 1992 times)

BLEACHING VS TONING – THE SIMPLE TRUTH!
« on: October 19, 2015, 10:06:58 AM »
Some of our young ladies would argue to the end of the Earth that bleaching and toning is not one and the same thing. For the men among us, potaro, potara, all is POTATO!

As for me, I see absolutely nothing wrong with scrapping off that initial dirty layer of skin sometimes caused by hardship or all those millions of hours spent trekking from one part of the nation to the other.

Yes I know this is the part where I get all the condemnation and backlash available :-P You all know I give a non-conforming opinion so take your time and hear me out.

First of all, let me just say that I am in no way speaking of our young girls that go from charcoal to transparent in complexion. I am speaking of those girls of nowadays that are so white that their nickname is “Snow White”. That is outright bleaching probably using JIK or any other whitening chemical and I am definitely not in support of that.

I am simply speaking of “Toning” and how it vastly differs from bleaching and also how it has been completely misconstrued to be bleaching when it is in fact totally different.

Let me put it to you this way.

When your finger nails grow, you cut them. When the sole of your feet gets scaly, you get a pedicure. When you feel dirty, you take a bath. Yet you condemn those who have a dirty looking skin layer for scrubbing off that top dirty layer of skin so as to reveal their actual and fresher skin complexion?

Speaking of “skin complexion”, why do we think that the complexion of the torso is always lighter than that of the rest of the body (especially the limbs)? Basically, the limbs are usually the darkest part of one’s skin, followed by the other parts of the body and then the torso is the lightest.

Why do we think that is so?

The obvious answer is the torso is the part of the body that doesn’t come in contact with sunlight whereas the limbs (especially the upper limbs) are darker because they are in more contact with sunlight. That’s when you start noticing Coke and Fanta complexion.

Like I asked earlier, what is wrong with evening out your complexion so you’re no longer multicolored?

For young women today while growing up, most of them did not bother to take care of their skin. They didn’t bother with sunscreen and the lot to protect their skin from damaging sunrays. Or maybe they couldn’t afford it back then.

Now that they are older, they obviously know better. So they start using sun block and it works it magic. As a result, the sun no longer penetrates their skin and they start radiating which is about when our Nigerian brothers and sisters start wagging their tongues about not being contented with the way God created you bla bla bla.

There’s one thing I’ve learned in life which is that you definitely cannot please everyone and no matter what you do, there would always be that one person out there who has a problem or doesn’t agree with whatever it is you are doing. So as long as it makes you comfortable and it’s what you really want to do, go for it and do not look back.

Let me use Beyonce as an example here.

Click on the link below to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/10/19/bleaching-vs-toning-the-simple-truth/