Topic: DO IGBOS TRULY NEED BIAFRA? by Olusegun Caxton Akintade  (Read 2460 times)

DO IGBOS TRULY NEED BIAFRA? by Olusegun Caxton Akintade
« on: October 19, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »
Nnamdi Kanu of Radio Biafra has just being Arrested, With A Nigerian Passport and most likely to be charged for Treason and Felony, He is no doubt an ambitious and bold Guy, but the problem I see with the Realization of the Biafra Republic is the Oneness and Unity of Purpose by the Igbos, Kanu appears to be fighting a lone battle.

Nothing is wrong is wanting Biafra but Igbos must consider the implications of this desire and it's Future. So many factors I know of won't allow Biafra be a reality if not tackled from its roots, these factors includes..

1. How many Igbos Support Biafra- this has to be ascertained by conducting a United Nations Backed REFERENDUM. I don't think people like Ngige, Okorocha, Onu, Don Jazzy, Chidinma, P Square and many of my friends I know personally  etc wants or Support Biafra inspite of their Influence .
2. Lack of Water Ways & Location - The Igbo Land consist of 5 Eastern states of Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra with some part of Delta and Rivers but all these states and areas do not have access to Sea or Water Ways and are Landlocked which means BIAFRA  has to depend on the Waterways of the South South States who are not interested in the Biafra Project, and the Northern part of BIAFRA is bounded by States in Northern Nigeria of Kogi and Benue which is A threat to the Security of the BIAFRA Project.
3. Lack of Unity in Purpose - Igbos have a serious challenge of UNITY  and LOVE in Leadership, Ideology and Purpose, for instance Most Igbos don't Respect their King or Igwe, Obi of Onitsha cannot speak at once and all igbos obey that instruction, U see Anambra calling Imo a slave or Prostitute, U see Abia Governor Sacking All Imo and Enugu Indigenes from its Civil Service, U see Anambra people saying their Son cannot Marry An Owerri Lady and many other discriminating Attitudes which Bring about Disunity.
4. Lack of Diplomacy - Most Igbo leaders lack Diplomacy in Leadership, U hear Nnamdi Kanu calling Nigeria a ZOO yet he Uses Nigerian Passport, U hear Him Call President Buhari a Terrorist on RADIO BIAFRA and other Social Media Platforms, Yet He wants to be a BIAFRAN Leader, This is not the way to go about Independence or Secession, It is done Respectfully and Diplomatically, Catalonia wants to Seceed from Spain but They are doing it diplomatically and not insulting The Prime Minister and King of Spain, Scotland wanted Seceeding from United Kingdom, But they didn't result to publicly Insulting the QUEEN of England or DAVID CAMERON, Yet they had their Referendum and Majority of Scottish preferred Staying With UK.

So The Fact That Some Igbos Want BIAFRA Does not mean majority of Igbos will support it when a referendum is put in place and everyone is to vote in support or against it.

So if Nnamdi Kanu and His Supporters Wants Biafra, They should fight firstly for a Referendum, Stop Character Assassination, Do Public Enlightenment, Be More Diplomatic and Respectful of The Nigerian Government at least for Now till they Achieve their Goal so as not to Fight a lone War, Loose International Support and Sympathy .

After Living around the people of the 6 geo - political zones of Nigeria, I can boldly tell anyone that Nigeria is best together as a Nation, all we need is an Unbiased and Viable Leadership.
A TREE CANNOT MAKE A FOREST..

Feel Free To Express Ur Opinion.... 

AM PROUDLY ONDO!
AM PROUDLY YORUBA!!
AM PROUDLY NIGERIAN!!!

Article by Olusegun Caxton Akintade