Topic: MY HUSBAND KEEPS ME AWAY FROM MY FAMILY. HELP!  (Read 2303 times)

MY HUSBAND KEEPS ME AWAY FROM MY FAMILY. HELP!
« on: October 23, 2015, 08:48:15 AM »
Hello guys, it’s Feature Friday! Every Friday I would be sharing a real life experience and situation of a reader who needs my opinion. If you have a situation that you need my opinion on, email me on featurefriday@alocovivavoce.com.

Read the situation and my opinion after the cut. The names have been changed to protect the identity of the person being featured. Enjoy!

Hello OUR,

My name is Sarah and I have been married for a year now. My husband is a Pastor and we have a lovely son together. The fact that my husband is a Pastor makes him a very wonderful and religious person which I admire so much but for whatever reason, he doesn’t like me having family around.

Let me give you some instances.

In the city we live in, I have only two family members. Both are my male cousins who are also married with a child each. One of them is quite dependable but the other one is a loner and doesn’t really like to mingle with anyone.

For the one that likes to mingle, is it a crime to visit him every now and then and have him come visit as well?

There was a time when my husband traveled for two weeks and my cousin and his wife were planning on coming to visit during this time to know our new house as we just moved.

Could you believe my husband made me blatantly lie to my cousin and his wife telling them that we traveled with him so that they would cancel their visit? Even when we go to visit them, he doesn’t let me go by myself. He insists he goes with me and doesn’t even let us stay for more than an hour before he says we have to leave.

I have asked him if there is anything wrong with that particular cousin of mine and his wife. Maybe as a Pastor, God revealed something to him that he is not telling me. But he says that there is nothing and that he just doesn’t like having people around.

Since when did my family become “people”?

Even for me to go visit my parents is an issue. I have to give him a novel of reasons why I want to go and also give him an exact date of when I would be returning which shouldn’t be more than a week except I am asking for trouble.

Over the years we dated and the one year we’ve been married, I have come to realize that he is a very authoritative person and likes to have his way with everything.

Click on the link below to continue reading the situation and my reply

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/10/23/my-husband-keeps-me-away-from-my-family-help/