Topic: 3 WAYS TO PREVENT CRACKED AND SORE NIPPLES  (Read 5911 times)

3 WAYS TO PREVENT CRACKED AND SORE NIPPLES
« on: October 28, 2015, 09:27:27 AM »
Hi guys! Have you cast your vote for today’s weekly poll yet? This week’s question is IF YOU WERE LINDA IKEJI AND HAD SIX HUNDRED (600) MILLION NAIRA (over $3 million), WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH IT? Click on the link to cast your vote http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/10/27/if-you-were-linda-ikeji-and-had-six-hundred-600-million-naira-over-3-million-what-would-you-do-with-it/

In today’s post, I will be sharing a few methods of healing and most importantly preventing cracked and sore nipples in breastfeeding mothers. This information is not only for breastfeeding mothers or married women in general, it is also meant for single men and women as well. Except of course you aspire to become a Priest or Reverend sister in the near future.

Usually when a woman starts to breastfeed, the process is initially painful as the nipple would crack and become sore as a result of the baby trying to learn how to latch on it. After a while when the baby gets a hang of it, the pain subsides and the mother is relieved.

As subtle as this initial breastfeeding process may sound, some women have had to endure VERY PAINFUL and extended duration of these times of breastfeeding and some are very unfortunate that the crack which was initially on only one spot of the nipple, would then multiply into several cracks and eventually lead to the nipple falling off.

I remember a friend of mine whose nipple was so cracked and sore that her nipples were actually bleeding. And the worst part was she had to continue breastfeeding her baby anyway. After all, the baby had to eat. And you know what they say about the importance of breast milk to a baby for the first six months.

My friend would scream out loud whenever her baby was latching on her nipple and sometimes (most times), she cried!

Sounds crazy yeah? Crazy but true if the crack isn’t well taken care of.

Fortunately, I wouldn’t want any one of my readers going around with two breasts and one nipple so I am going to share with you a few ways you can prevent nipple crack and soreness. The good thing is that these methods are also known to heal nipple crack and soreness as well so feel free to use them if you already find yourself entangled in the sweet pain brought about by breastfeeding.

Like I have said in all of my previous tips, my methods have been tested and tried so feel free to use and share with loved ones.

Firstly, before I begin listing, you must know the correct latch position for the baby.

Most times, nipple crack and soreness are caused because the baby isn’t latching on the nipple correctly. Usually, you find the baby tugging on only the nipple when in fact the baby ought to have the entire areola (darker spot on the breast) including the nipple in his or her mouth.

That way, when the baby sucks out milk, it goes straight into the throat and is relatively pain free for the mother.

Now for the remedies:

Click on the link to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/10/28/3-ways-to-prevent-cracked-and-sore-nipples/