Topic: 2 OUT OF 3 WOMEN HAVE BEEN ABUSED. ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?  (Read 1631 times)

2 OUT OF 3 WOMEN HAVE BEEN ABUSED. ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?
« on: November 09, 2015, 08:53:44 AM »
Statistics say that TWO (2) out of EVERY THREE (3) women have been abused in one way or the other. I know some of us might say “well, I haven’t”. So let me go ahead and define the word “abuse” for clarification.

Abuse means to treat (a person or animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

Now it said cruelty OR violence. It didn’t say only violence. So even if your partner is yelling, screaming at you, calling you names or intentionally embarrassing you or even stalking you, YOU ARE BEING ABUSED.

Usually, the first step to continuous abuse is DENIAL. When you refuse to admit that things are not the way they should be, you start making excuses for him. Or even worse, you start blaming yourself for his abusive behavior.

I totally agree with that statistics that says 2 out of every 3 women have been abused. As a matter of fact, to top that, I believe ONE OUT OF THREE women DO NOT even know they are in an abusive relationship and that indeed is very sad.

To be honest, I can’t really blame such women.

I have had a fair share of abuse as well in my life and it started WAY back when I was about 17. I’m sure you guys already know my history about how I never dated younger guys growing up. Well for those of who don’t, you can read the post HERE.

So yes! My abusive ex was a lot older than me and as sad as it may sound, I remained in that relationship for almost TWO YEARS! And for the most of those years, I endured a combination of both PHYSICAL, DIGITAL, EMOTIONAL and FINANCIAL abuse.

I know some of you might wonder what I mean by digital and financial abuse. Well, let me break it down.

According to loveisrespect.org, Digital dating abuse is the use of technologies such as texting and social networking to bully, harass, stalk or intimidate a partner. Often this behavior is a form of verbal or emotional abuse perpetrated online.

So if he harasses you via text or tells you who and who not to be friends with on Facebook or insists you give him your password  or even uses Twitter and Instagram to keep tabs on you then YOU ARE IN A DIGITALLY ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP.

My abusive ex would not only insist I put up “in a relationship” on Facebook but also make sure I “tag” him so it says I am in a relationship with him.

It might not really sound like a big deal but just like the definition of abuse implies, having it done “regularly” or “repeatedly” in a cruel manner automatically makes it abusive.

Some might say that it may just be easier to give him what he wants so there would be peace BUT like I said earlier, blaming yourself for the abuse is more or less you giving him approval for his behavior which is undoubtedly a step in the wrong direction.

Next is FINANCIAL ABUSE!

Click on the link below to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/11/09/2-out-of-3-women-have-been-abused-are-you-one-of-them/