Topic: WILL AND INHERITANCE – A BLESSING OR CURSE?  (Read 4528 times)

WILL AND INHERITANCE – A BLESSING OR CURSE?
« on: December 14, 2015, 08:50:45 AM »
The idea of a will and inheritance is one that a lot of people look forward to from their parents but the question is “Does it actually pose a blessing or a curse to the recipient”.

A will or testament is a legal declaration by which a person, the testator, names one or more persons to manage his or her estate and provides for the distribution of his or her property at death.

Inheritance is the practice of passing on property, titles, rights and shares upon the death of an individual.

In terms of a blessing, a will and inheritance will mean the recipient has had the fore-run set for him or her. Basically, they wouldn’t need to undergo the ground work or struggle as that has already been laid out for them courtesy of their parents.

It could be money inheritance which they could use to start up a thriving business or maybe they take over an already existing business so that way they get to the top without having to start at the bottom.

Sounds like a blessing doesn’t it? Who doesn’t like free money?

In terms of a curse, a will and inheritance can be the worst thing ever. The idea or thought that one day, you will get to inherit a large sum of money or get to run a very successful business can sometimes meddle with the thoughts of us humans and make us lazy.

After all, there has to be a reason why most children of the rich and famous usually do not take in the shoes of their “rich and famous” parents.

Look around and tell me if that’s not true!

As a parent, as much as I would not want my child to suffer as badly as I did growing up, the truth is all that “suffering” is part of the bitter-sweet journey to whom I became today.

It’s all part of what made and shaped me into the strong, courageous, confident and appreciative woman that I am today.

The struggle taught me things that you simply cannot learn within the four walls of the most prestigious and elite institutions around the globe. It taught me to do what humans instinctively know how to do best, SURVIVE!

This road to survival, this thirst to succeed, this one-time desperate and determined urge to make it in life is what drove most successful people to work hard and eventually succeed.

Unfortunately, all of what I just mentioned is exactly what would be missing from the lives of the heir or recipient of an inheritance.

And this is the same reason why most times, the children of the fortunate can in no way be compared to their parents even after they “inherit” their possessions.

In some extremely sad cases, some of them do not even get to assume that position due to insubordination, irresponsibility and utmost incapability to handle sensitive and powerful positions.

So in my opinion, will and inheritance is unfortunately more of a curse to the recipient than a blessing.

Click on the link below to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/12/14/will-and-inheritance-a-blessing-or-curse/