Topic: WHAT EXACTLY IS HUSBAND/WIFE MATERIAL???  (Read 8756 times)

WHAT EXACTLY IS HUSBAND/WIFE MATERIAL???
« on: January 27, 2016, 08:17:50 AM »
During the course of our lives, I am pretty sure a huge chunk of us have come across the words “husband material” or “wife material”. Some of us have had words like “you’re not wife material” said to us including me but I just have to ask this question, “WHAT EXACTLY IS HUSBAND/WIFE/BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND MATERIAL?”

Whomever can narrate the meaning in detail is welcome to share their thoughts with us all. I am so eager to learn.

To the best of my knowledge, what I understand from husband/wife material is an already set idea of what or how a person should look, dress, talk, walk, react, behave and basically live their entire live with hopes of one day becoming someone’s Mr or Mrs.

Let me reiterate the sentence above.

According to some set out rules by the universe, if a man or woman hopes to be married someday, there is a particular way he or she is expected to behave so they can be seen as the accurate choice for the institution for marriage.

I will now list out some of the behavioral patterns of those who are supposedly “husband/wife material”

Husband Material

He has to be responsible, dress decently (no sagging), No tattoos, Few or no female friends, NOT a mamas boy, make a very decent income, live in a decent apartment, NO night life, NO flirting, NO smoke, social drinker, respectful and the list goes on and on.

Wife Material

She has to know how to cook, clean, wash clothes and take care of a home and her husband, she should NOT be outspoken, NO irresponsible looking friends, NO night life, she should go to church more than once a week, know how to handle and love children, dress decently, no tattoos, short non-artificial nails, no heavy makeup, she MUST live with her family and not alone, she must speak her mother-tongue, she shouldn’t have a car unless her father bought it for her, she shouldn’t look too artificial, she should be respectful.. and the list goes on and on.

Oh my! How pathetic!

Do you notice how the wife material list is a lot more than the husband material list? And I am pretty sure there is a lot more but that’s all I could think of at the moment.

The big question is WHO SET THESE SILLY RULES?

Click on the link below to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2016/01/27/what-exactly-is-husbandwife-material/