Topic: Americans Have "The American Dream", What is the Nigerian Dream?  (Read 3445 times)

Americans Have "The American Dream", What is the Nigerian Dream?
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:21:37 PM »
The Americans say they have "the American dream", what is The Nigerian Dream?

The Nigerian Dream..hmm, is it to fight for a political post and scheme all the money away, or work hard in a harsh environment just enough to survive or just live somehow till your call comes...what is The Nigerian Dream, if we have one?

Here are the response that sprung up from facebook, what say you?

Atede Henry: Nigeria may not have a dream...but i have a DREAM FOR NIGERIA that one day Nigeria will be regarded as the undisputed most powerful BLACK NATION in the world..where d fins dat reduce us and work against us will be no more.....YES WE CAN!!!

Salisu Isah: Yes of course!The nigerian dream will be backward ever,forward no more!

Tor Anastacia: The Nigerian dream is the quest to be in a position to embezzle your own share of the national cake for you,your family and the generation unborn.

Osamuyi Okpame: The Nigerian dream is how to survive another fuel subsidy removal and harsh life!

Queendalin Onwubiko: I don't tink dat NIGERIA wil ever have a dream.

Ibiyemi Horlamydey: nigeria may nt av a dream bt i know dat 1 day nigeria wil be beta

Adebamijo Bademosi: we dont have one

Amuta Chimerenkaa David: Untill God gives us "good" leaders with good vision and mission, that is when dreaming will come in. But for now, our nation's dream is like our leaders or rulers.

Jama J. Gyang: That means all of you dont have a dream! If i have a dream then Nigeria is having one too..

Fatimo Hurlarhunmi Kushimo: A dara fun nigeria aseni ase ra re o

Jama J. Gyang @Henry U spoken my mine already! That means all of you dont have a dream! If i have a dream then Nigeria is having one too..

Agu Igwebike Isaiah: Nigeria has no dream because one in a very deep slumber can't dream and is not likely to wake up early.We have individual dreams which do not translate to national dream. Most of Nigerians dream is on how to get their own share of the national cake and not what they will do for Nigeria. Nigerians are 99% selfish and such people can't have s national dream.

Eugene Amedonu: Naija no dey sleep well,hw dey go fit dream?

Okoro Chima: @ Eugene ur right, how person wey no sleep weller go dream, make dem sleep boko guys go finish dem.
Register and Post your gists on Naijagist or send to us @ gist@naijagist.com or olutola.obembe@primaxng.com

Re: Americans Have "The American Dream", What is the Nigerian Dream?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 12:57:11 PM »
The Nigeria Dream is they ooooo

It is to go to school half way, run into politics and eat your own share of the national cake....shikena

Re: Americans Have "The American Dream", What is the Nigerian Dream?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
Naija no dey sleep mehn!

but for those wey dey sleep... The Nigerian Dream is 'get rich as fast as possible by any means necessary'