Topic: SILENT TEARS (CHAPTER ONE) BY EMEKA UBESIE  (Read 5618 times)

SILENT TEARS (CHAPTER ONE) BY EMEKA UBESIE
« on: February 20, 2016, 09:05:28 AM »
Hello readers! Welcome to GUEST POST WEEKEND and today’s Guest Post is a short story written by Emeka Ubesie.

Emeka has previously written two short stories on the blog titled THE DREAM http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/12/06/the-dream/ and THE LOST AFRICAN GODDESS http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/09/12/the-lost-african-goddess/. Click on the link to read the post if you haven’t.

Are you a writer? Or do you know a writer? Email your write-ups (short stories & articles ONLY) to guestpost@alocovivavoce.com for a chance to have your work published on GUEST POST WEEKEND!

Read Emeka’s story below and enjoy!

SILENT TEARS (CHAPTER ONE)

“Eeeeeee”, “eeeoooeeeooo”, “weeeoooeee”, “whoop, whoop, whoop”, “wooo, wooo, wooo” ‘Ebube, can you hear the wailing of the siren from afar?’

‘Yes Odinake’, Ebube replied in a sulky tone, as they were seated on mounds that were on a farmland, which was close to atiny pathway that steered into their compound that was barricaded with rafters.

‘Chai! So it’s true that mama has finally died? Chineke!This life is just a mysterious drama that everyone just has to play his or her own minuscule script, which was squeezed into these black thin lines that are on the faces of our palms called akaraka. I just wonder the secret behind death. The plans that I have for her and her dreams just whisked away into the air and soonest, her story and history will be forgotten. What an unfair world. Why must people die?’

‘My brother, I don’t know oh! Ask God.’ Ebube shook his head and responded, as he was deeply in an agonising mood and rain of tears flowed down from his eyes to the ground.

‘Just imagine mama lying inside that wood called coffin and decaying their few days later, in the belly of the mother earth that can never get tired of eaten dead bodies like a chunk of meat. If truth is to be told, I really wonder why men were created, since after this whole stress and drudgery, all will just lie down helplessly in a box one day and the lowest creatures ever, the akikas willfeast on their bodies. I’m just confused with this set up called life and the ordeal surrounding it. I can’t even figure out how papa will feel, sitting down close to the dead body of his wife inside that ambulance. You know papa too well that anything that has to do with mama bothers him very much, let alone this unending demarcation that nature and destiny have finally brought in between them. I just pray that he will be strong enough to get over this pain and learn how to live with them.’

‘I pray so oh!’ Ebube hushed quietly.

‘Ebube! I can see the ambulance now, look, look, it’s a white one. Ah!My lovely mother is gone’, Odinaka bawled, as the white ambulance that conveyed the dead body of his mother rolled in between their village bush pathway and clogged in front of their small two rooms apartment, which his father, Nwokenife built with the last money he got as pay-off, from the Oloko company where he worked as a carpenter, at CMS, in Lagos State, during the 1990’s. But he later resigned due to strabismus.

Click on the link below to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2016/02/20/silent-tears-chapter-one-by-emeka-ubesie/