Topic: HOW I POTTY TRAINED MY DAUGHTER IN 10 DAYS  (Read 5408 times)

HOW I POTTY TRAINED MY DAUGHTER IN 10 DAYS
« on: April 04, 2016, 08:12:25 AM »
Welcome to Motherhood Monday guys! Every first Monday of the month, I share unconventional tips for mothers, fathers, expecting and aspiring parents alike.

Today’s post is about a particular phase that a lot of parents struggle with in their kids; potty training. Sometimes, you have cases where a three, four, five year olds and even older kids still need to wear diaper or waterproof mattress cover when they sleep to prevent “bed wetting”.

Like I said, potty training is usually a very daunting phase for parents especially mothers and majority of them leave it for their teachers to handle whenever the child starts school so they would not have to go through the stress of it all.

Now the essence of this post is to let you know that there is no cause for alarm. I am going to share with you how I potty trained my EIGHTEEN (18) month old daughter in less than TWO WEEKS.

Yes! I said EIGHTEEN MONTHS! And I also said I potty trained her in less than TWO WEEKS! I will walk you through the steps as you proceed with the article.

First things first, we need to understand that potty training should not be seen as a task or as hard labor that requires a lot of work. Instead, it should just be taken as a regular way of life for you and your child.

Secondly, please forget all these things you read on the internet about potty training in three days or even one day. How ridiculous! It is biologically impossible!

Thirdly, CONSISTENCY is the watchword in potty training. So you MUST start when you are ready so you can see it through to the end. The worst thing you could do to a child is start and give up after three days because you have to travel. Not only are you succeeding in confusing the child, you are making it difficult for him or her to grasp what it is you’re trying to impact.

Fourthly, after you ascertain you are ready, you MUST wait until your child is ready as well. For me, I actually attempted potty training my daughter at fifteen months but I realized she wasn’t ready because she never wanted to sit on the toilet. Usually, it would take some struggling and cajoling and when she eventually did sit, she would do only number one (pee) and never number two (poo).

Let me just mention that as for me, I use a toilet trainer and not potty simply because it is usually a hassle teaching the child to use the toilet after they have mastered using a potty. So I played smart and skipped one step to make things easier for me by going straight to using the toilet with the help of toilet trainers that enables children sit on the toilet unassisted. With additional toilet steps, they could use the loo without your help to get up there.

So when I realized she wasn’t ready, I put it on hold for a few months until she turned eighteen months then I tried again. So whatever you do, DO NOT rush your kid or force them to sit in a potty or toilet.

Fifthly, NO DIAPER/PULL-UPS! Forget about all of that. As a matter of fact, you could go commando (bare buttocks) during potty training but just panties would be fine. Not diaper panties but regular panties. Only use diapers during naps and at bedtime after which as soon as your child wakes up, the diaper should come off. Let this continue until you are ready for nighttime potty training.

NOTE: I strongly recommend potty training for daytime and nighttime at different times so it gives the child the chance to master one before the other. Nighttime potty training would become a lot easier if the child has achieved total bladder control during the day than it would be if he/she still wets her pants during the day.

Now, let’s delve into the main agenda. THE TEN STEPS OF POTTY TRAINING!

Click on the link below to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2016/04/04/how-i-potty-trained-my-daughter-in-10-days/