Topic: THE OKOYE BROTHERS – PSQUARE OR PCUBE?  (Read 7881 times)

THE OKOYE BROTHERS – PSQUARE OR PCUBE?
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:43:23 AM »
It is probably no longer news that there is fire on the mountain in the Okoye household. Is there even still an Okoye household? When news broke about their split, I must say I was distraught and deeply saddened because I was not just a fan of their music but it was Psquare who opened me up into the world of Nigerian artistes.

Theirs was the very first Nigerian album I ever purchased back in 2005 and whenever I sit and relax in the comfort of my own silence, I can always remember the sound of their track, my most favorite Psquare song of all time, I LOVE YOU, resonating within my walls as I blasted the song loud on the speakers so as to enable me feel every beat, tone, and lyric of the song.

Such rare talent both brothers possessed and yet in the twinkle of an eye, it has all been dismantled in the name of what?

Yesterday, I read a tell all interview Peter granted for NetNG revealing the genesis of the drama (you can catch up on the interview here) and I must say it was an expose indeed which proved that PCube (permit me to call them that. Read the interview to know why) has had problem with one another for a VERY LONG time. It simply gotten to the point where it can no longer be swept under the carpet.

I am now going to outline the issues I have with each of the brothers one after the other.

Firstly, JUDE!

Brother Jude! Yes I call you brother because given the age difference between you and the twins, “brother” is probably the way they should address you. So if you really are that much of an elder brother to them, how can you let them see fire and take a leap at it?

Let me call you out here for a second. These boys were the ones who gave you your daily bread. Without them, face it, YOU WOULD BE NOTHING.

Not only did they give you a job, and believe me when I say they could have easily gotten another manager who believed in them and would work twice as hard to get them to where they are even sooner than you did. NOBODY IS INDISPENSABLE!

But they chose to stick with their brother because he supposedly had their best interest at heart. To the point where they split their entire finances EQUALLY with you. That is the most outrageous thing I have ever heard that a manager gets an equal share with his artistes simply because he is their sibling? Yet they did without complain.

Like you said Jude, there are three sides to every story but regardless of what the truth is, you MUST realize that family should come first. And as the oldest, it is your duty to see that your brothers are reunited. Even if not as Psquare but as the twin brother of the Okoye family that they have always been.

Secondly, Paul!

Click on the link below to continue reading

https://alocovivavoce.com/2016/03/21/the-okoye-brothers-psquare-or-pcube/