Topic: Photos: RRS nabs three suspected robbers at Otedola Bridge, recovers two master keys  (Read 1407 times)

Photos: RRS nabs three suspected robbers at Otedola Bridge, recovers two master keys

Three suspected robbers who have been terrorising passers-by, broken down vehicle owners, passengers and other road users around Otedola Bridge in Lagos have been arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command just as they recovered two master keys from them. 

The suspects, Chima Joseph (24), Hassan Adamu (34) and Ibietan Oluwaseyi (41), were arrested after they dragged their victim from the Expressway into the bush and dispossessed him of all his belonging.

The victim, Idi Musa, who was in Lagos for the first time, said he was on his way to Apapa from Borno State to meet his brother. According to him,
"I alighted at Ojodu-Berger to walk from the Bus Stop to Ojota. As I walked down the road towards the bridge (Otedola), I heard somebody called out from the bush, Aboki! Aboki!!, zo mana (come). I ignored the call because I didn’t know them. Before now, I have been warned to mind my business when in Lagos. As i continued on my journey, the two of them (pointing to Chima and Adamu) ran after me, dragged me with my trousers into the bush; beat me several times before searching my pockets and luggage. They took N3, 000 from me…. After collecting my money, one of them (pointing to Hassan Adamu) threatened me that he was a Lagos State Government official and that if I ever come back there, they would arrest me and send me back to my village…. They then released me to go. As I descended the slope towards the bridge, I spotted an RRS vehicle. I went to the officers, narrated all that happened to me. At their office, three teams of officers were drafted to comb the Bush properly. It was in the process that they arrested the other two that dragged me from the road into the bush before collecting my money."
It was gathered that RRS's surveillance team have been on the lookout for the robbers terrorising people during traffic congestion in that area. It was further learnt that more than four people have been arrested for robbing road users while two additional cases of robbery linked to the suspects have been reported to RRS's operatives.

One of the suspects, Chima Joseph, from whom the master keys were recovered, stated that he found the keys on the ground, adding that he was looking for a place to put it for people to see. It was revealed that the key, when tested opened the doors of 2 Toyota Camry, Toyota Corolla and one Honda (End of Discussion). He confessed that they dragged Musa into the bush, ransacked him and collected his N3,000.
"My friends and I sleep in the shed in the bush beside the expressway. What we do is to assist people on the highway," he added.

Confirming the arrest, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Superintendent of Police, SP Dolapo Badmos, stated that the police are keeping an eagle eye on all the black spots in the state particularly as the year draws to an end.

More photos... 

Source: Photos: RRS nabs three suspected robbers at Otedola Bridge, recovers two master keys