Topic: Game of Thrones Season Finale: End of Season 2  (Read 2567 times)

Game of Thrones Season Finale: End of Season 2
« on: June 06, 2012, 01:37:14 PM »
I couldnt agree less with Shannon Vestal over the ending of Game of thrones, It was one to remember, full of humour and an ending it is. It's the rare episode that we get to see every character, but we do because it's the finale, and something major happens to just about everyone.

On some of the finale highlights as described by Shannon, I just couldn't describe it less

Good speech, though (Hilarious). Are we going to see redemption for Theon Greyjoy? Maester Luwin has a talk with him, telling he's not the man he's pretending to be, and he advises him to join the Night's Watch so he can both make amends for what he's done and escape the consequences of taking Winterfell. He seems like he's considering it, but then he gives an inspirational speech to his soldiers to fight (also, I love how much he hates the hornblower). Ironically, it's the first time Theon seems like a leader — and then he's knocked out by his own man . . . who then spears Luwin.
    Best breakup ever. I jumped for joy when Joffrey agrees to not marry Sansa in favor of Margaery Tyrell, but Baelish is right — Sansa's not safe there. Can she really trust him to get her home to Winterfell?
    A little romance. Well, isn't this just the most romantic episode of Game of Thrones ever? First Robb marries Talisa against his mother's wishes in an understated but touching ceremony, and then Tyrion and Shae have a surprisingly moving scene together. She tries to get him to leave, and he says he can't, then asks if she's going to leave now, and she basically says, duh, no. Or more accurately: "I am yours. You are mine." (His face doesn't look so bad, by the way.) Swoon!
    Oh, that's what you meant by faceless man. It turns out that Jaqen H'ghar is even more mysterious than he seems. When Arya declares her intention to go find her family, he wishes her well, and gives her a "coin of great value" with the instructions to give it to a man from his home and say "Valar Morghulis" (the title of the episode). And then we see him literally change faces. Cool party trick!
    Goodbye, Maester Luwin. So I cried at the scene where Bran and Rickon come back to a burned Winterfell and find Maester Luwin dying from his wound. I am excited for what he tells the boys to do — go to the Wall and find Jon Snow — because it's a hint about what we'll see next season. Anyway, Maester Luwin asks Osha to kill him quickly instead of trying to save him. The kids are heartbroken, and I'm heartbroken too.
    Fire, good. As for Daenerys, there's yet another heartrending scene this week when she experiences the powerful magic of the House of the Undying. She sees Khal Drogo and the child she was supposed to have, and I too wanted it to be real, but she knows she has to get back to business and find her dragons. She does, but is imprisoned immediately. Joke's on her captor though, because with one command, her dragons blow enough fire to set him aflame. She gets the hell out of Qarth after imprisoning Xaro Xhoan Daxos, and like that, Dany is finally back on track!
    Knife skills. A fight breaks out between Jon Snow and Qhorin Halfhand, and the Wildlings let Jon Snow and him fight. We get to see Jon Snow's sword skills, and it's the fight of his life, and he wins. It's also his ticket to freedom. So where will he go next?
    Oh hey, White Walkers. Sam comes face to face with the White Walkers, and they look like the stuff of nightmares. Even scarier is that there's a whole army of them, and it's how the episode — and the season — ends. Chills!