Topic: Is it okay to leave your wife/husband, for the love of your life?  (Read 4141 times)

Okay, this might sound like a dumb question but yes, when you get to that point where you think the love of your life isnt that woman or that man standing with you in your home...hmmm

So my question is: Is it okay to leave your wife, for the love of your life?

**Why, or why not.**

Opinions:

YES:::::
Well, shouldn't your wife be the love of your life in the first place?  If she is not, then you are not doing anybody any favors by staying with her.
If the relationship has reached the point where you are getting (and giving) all the love to someone else, then all you can do is damage control.
If you don't tell her and stay with her, one day she will find out and will probably be forever wounded by the deception on top of the cheating.
If you tell her she will be hurt, but at least the deception will have stopped, and she will be able to keep her head high.

NO:::
I"m not religious so anything I say has no religious grounds on it. But no, I don't think someone should leave their wife for "the love of your life" because it sounds like bullshit. When you decided to marry your life, don't you think SHE was the "love of your life?" Yea. So basically, if you want to leave your wife, whom you made a life-long vow to, for someone else, you're proving you have no sense of loyalty, no sense of commitment, and zero integrity. And why anyone would choose to be with someone who's leaving their spouse, is pretty retarded. Are they really that blinded by the character the person is flashing in front of their face? Like, the fact he'll probably leave you for "the love of his life" in like 10 years? Geez.

YES:::
Think of it like abortion. You kinda changed your mind. You realize you could have a better life without her so ..... you abort her ass. Alternatively, find the love of your life before you get married.

NO::
I have absolutely no problem with divorcing someone, then finding the "love of your life" or whatever. But divorce shouldn't be taken lightly, and leaving specifically for someone is ignoring the commitment you made and any chance of redeeming the relationship.

So what do you have to say to this?

connect with other Blackberry PIN users http://www.connectbb.net/

Here are some of the response we had from people on this Question on our facebook wall, are you adding to this?
http://www.facebook.com/myNaijaGist/posts/363416107102674?notif_t=boosted_post_status

Nwaneze Ak Onos: Were you forced to marry her? If not you will continue to discover new "LOVES OF YOUR LIFE"till death.

Greatson Sunday Ukoh:  where u blind or insane when u got to her and married has a ur wife?

Princess Sandra Idada Tennyson: He shuld b d love of my life b4 i marry him.

Onero SuperBoy: it's not ok, but it's considerable...once you get married to a wrong person, you're bound to cheat and mis-treat him or her and that is a sin according to the bible...so i could consider that.

Lombeh Claudia Pabai: Somebody u plan 2 spend d rest of ur life wt should b d love of ur life.

Umar Halliru Abubaqar: Follow your heart

Uba Sucre Brandy: if ur wife isnt d luv of ur wife y d did u marry her?if she is nt who else can be,no place like home nke onye ji ka mma.

Chioma Ogbachebe: lol........ well iont know bout dat.... but yhu can build d love all over again..... IT WONT HURT!!!

Christiana Joshua: it possible to do dat cos u can't be happy with ur wife when u still love sm1 else

Holuwarthobby Hadeyrhonkeh Balogun: Wel 2 me,once u re married,u re married 4eva cos divorce is against Gods will n it a sin,so y not take ur time 2 wait 4 d love of your life

Nancy Harry Princewill: how do you know that the one your running to is the love of ur life? The love of ur life will av another woman as the love of his life. The love of my life is simple (my one and only son) , I can leave anything in pursuit of my son but not my husband for another tufiakwa.

Amike Gal Nneka: dats nt true! Marriage is for beta for worse even d Bible says so nd d more reason y we shud neva be in a hurry wen it comes to marriage

Ijeoma Onwusoro @Chioma Ogbachebe: what of when u're building d love, and is not working d way u want it to be. what will u do?

Gold Ndudim: Its is nt right to leave ur wife or ur husband. Even d bible records so.

Augusta Chyna: I cnt live her... Build her 2b d luv of lyf.

Ameh Ojochegbe Peace: wen u r married datz al.we r not kidz 2 know dat marriage is till death do u part.u ave 2 know d meaning nd difference betwéen love nd lust before u venture into marriage.therefore u've gotta make ya current wife d love of ya life even if she iz not.u jest ave to carri on.

Mary Ogali: That Is Why Is Good To Look Very Well Before U Go Into Marriage And U Have To Ask Men And Woman Of God To Pray For U.
Register and Post your gists on Naijagist or send to us @ gist@naijagist.com or olutola.obembe@primaxng.com

Re: Is it okay to leave your wife/husband, for the love of your life?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 06:25:38 AM »
heheheehh.....shouldnt be right but in this age where people re-discover LOML..anything is possible?

Re: Is it okay to leave your wife/husband, for the love of your life?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:02:33 AM »
Of course it is,your marriage can't be a success if you are in love with someone else,that's the truth of the matter.