Topic: OBASANJO Endorses Atiku for 2019 stating HE is Better than the Incubent  (Read 3666 times)

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has endorsed ex-Vice-President Atiku Abubakar for the 2019 presidential election, describing him as better than incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari.

Abubakar, who served as Obasanjo’s deputy between 1999 and 2007, is the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Accompanied by top members of the opposition party, Abubakar visited Obasanjo in Abeokuta on Thursday.

While receiving his guests, Obasanjo publicly admitted that he has been having a running battle with the PDP candidate but said he had forgiven him.

He expressed delight over the tribute Abubakar paid to him at the presidential primary of the PDP.

“I am happy to welcome the distinguished leaders of goodwill who have led the PDP Presidential candidate and my former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, to my humble abode and I welcome the Presidential Candidate himself,” he said.

“Let me start by congratulating President-to-be, Atiku Abubakar, for his success at the recent PDP Primary and I took note of his gracious remarks in his acceptance speech that it all started here.

“Yes, when it started, it was meant for Atiku to succeed Obasanjo. In the presence of these distinguished leaders of goodwill today, let me say it openly that we have reviewed what went wrong on the side of Atiku. And in all honesty, my former Vice-President has re-discovered and re-positioned himself. As I have repeatedly said, it is not so much what you did against me that was the issue but what you did against the Party, the government and the country.

“From what transpired in the last couple of hours or so, you have shown remorse; you have asked for forgiveness and you have indicated that you have learnt some good lessons and you will mend fences and make amends as necessary and as desirable.

“Whenever or wherever you might have offended me, as a Christian who asks for God’s forgiveness of my sins and inadequacies on daily basis, I forgive and I sincerely advise you to learn from the past and do what is right and it will be well with you. Obviously, you have mended fences with the Party and fully reconciled with the Party. That’s why today, you are the presidential candidate of the Party.

“For me, relatively and of all the aspirants in the PDP, you have the widest and greatest exposure, experience, outreach and possibly the best machinery and preparation for seeing the tough and likely dirty campaign ahead through. From what I personally know of you, you have capacity to perform better than the incumbent. You surely understand the economy better; you have business experience, which can make your administration business-friendly and boost the economy and provide jobs.

Let the battle begin ...
https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-obasanjo-endorses-atiku