Topic: In Search for the New Drogba, Wigan Reject Chelsea's Moses Bid  (Read 1600 times)

WIGAN have rejected a bid from Chelsea for Victor Moses. The Blues have offered around £4million for the forward but saw it declined last night.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan reckons Moses, who is entering the final year of his contract, would be better served learning his game at the DW Stadium rather than becoming a reserve at a bigger club.

Whelan said: “Chelsea would need to get realistic before we would even listen to them. They made a bid at 6pm last night and we turned it down flat.

“Roberto Martinez has brought this player on and he needs at least another year with Roberto to become a top player.

“We have offered him a new contract but it seems the agent, more than the player, wants to move him on, at least that is the impression we are getting.

‘It cannot be for the player’s good. Victor Moses needs another year or two before moving to a club like Chelsea.

“He needs games and he won’t be first choice at Chelsea, I wouldn’t have thought.”

Whelan insists there is no pressure to sell with Moses’ age meaning he would still command a free next summer.

He added: “We don’t need to sell him with 12 months to go on his contract because he is under 24 so wouldn’t be going on a free transfer.

“Ideally we would like him to sign a new contract, or a club like Chelsea would have to be realistic. At the moment, they are taking the Mickey with the bid they’ve made.”

Re: Moses turns down Wigan, ready for highest bidder {Chelsea and Co }
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »

Nigeria and Wigan Athletic attacker Victor Moses has turned down the offer of the club to keep him by doubling his pay. Instead, the Nigerian has announced that he is simply waiting for the highest bidder as he seeks a move away from the DW Stadium according to Vital Latics. The improved offer tabled for him by Wigan would have seen him earning £20,000 a week, which is double his current wage.

Chelsea made an initial offer of £4m and are preparing to make an improved offer. But Moses himself has again indicated that there may be more than just the Chelsea offer sitting on the desk at the DW Stadium. The 21 year old who was away on international duty with the Super Eagles for the past three weeks repeatedly told reporters in Nigeria that he had “lots of offers on the table”, but he also says that he is faithful to the Latics.

Moses who spoke to the media in England said, “Now that I’m done with the national team, my attention will switch to the transfer window.

“I have heard a lot of offers are on the table. First of all Wigan have the final say, but for me the highest bidder would take the day. Right now I am still a DW faithful.”
Register and Post your gists on Naijagist or send to us @ gist@naijagist.com or olutola.obembe@primaxng.com