Topic: “Food prepared with Indian hemp gives me inspiration” – Pastor  (Read 1932 times)

The General Overseer of a Pentecostal Church in Owerri, Imo state, was recently nabbed by men of the Imo State police Command for his alleged involvement in various kidnappings in the state.

Pastor Clement Ezeigbo, who is currently cooling his heels in the police Anti Kidnap Unit of the state police command, shocked the detectives when a bundle of Indian hemp was found in his church.

However, Ezeigbo told the police that, “I don’t know anything about kidnapping but I am the owner of the Indian hemp (Igbo) but the good thing is that I don’t smoke it, I use it to prepare my food. I enjoy eating food prepared with Indian hemp.”

“I don’t think there is anything wrong when you use Indian hemp to prepare your food; it gives inspiration and it makes one have sober reflection and that is why I recommend it to my Church members. I preach to my members against smoking it but I encourage them to cook their food with hemp.

“Some of my members do prepare some delicacies with it, which they serve me. I love Indian hemp because after eating Indian hemp, it gives me inspiration,
then when I mount the pulpit, you will notice the efficacy of hemp.”

On how the police found the hidden India hemp, the Ezeigbo said, “on the fateful day, I was in my Church, praying when the police stormed the place, claiming they were looking for some kidnappers, who used to hide their victims near my Church. I told them that I was not aware of the hideouts of kidnappers. You see, it was while searching my Church that they saw the Indian hemp. Well, I did not
deny ownership of the hemp, it belongs to me; I love it.

“Let any man show me where it was
written in the bible that thou should not cook with Indian hemp.”

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mohammed Katsina, told CrimeWatch that some kidnappers were living beside the Church. He said some victims were rescued by the police, who stormed the scene. Katsina said the pastor and other accomplices took to their heels on sighting the police. He said the police were able to arrest the pastor.

According to him, when a search was conducted on the Church premises, a bundle of Indian hemp was recovered. The CP added that the police were on the trail of the runaway kidnappers, who escaped arrest.

Dailypost