Topic: Big Brother Africa Season 8 Comes With a Chase pack [Chase $$$300 000]  (Read 2707 times)

Big Brother S8 Logo The biggest reality show in Africa is back and AfricaMagic can reveal that season eight of 'Big Brother Africa' has been dramatically titled "The Chase."

A total of 28 housemates from 14 countries will not only be chasing after the US$300 000 cash prize but the chance of becoming a household name and perhaps even finding romance.

Launching on Sunday, 26 May, 'Big Brother The Chase' will combine electrifying twists and big surprises that will require housemates to use their charm to get ahead, possibly leaving room for cupid's arrow to connect two hearts or more.

Setting the tone, in line with the theme, the new season's logo showcases a glittering and slightly flirtatious feel with chic, edgy gold plated lines. The iconic Big Brother eye has an enchanting gold dust finish with a dazzling diamond centre, featuring a teasing hint of ruby red.

More good news is that the witty and entertaining IK Osakioduwa returns once again in 2013 to host 'The Chase'. He has won over many fans across the continent with his ability to speak openly with housemates and allow them to be at ease at their most vulnerable moments.

"'Big Brother Africa' is a pretty unique show. Every season has its special moments and features. I'm super excited to be invited back to host the show. I have thoroughly enjoyed the past seasons and I look forward to bringing a fresh and energetic approach to 'The Chase'," says the popular TV and radio presenter.

Big Brother Africa Season 8 Begins Sunday 26th May
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 04:46:04 PM »

On Sunday 26 May, the Season 8 of the Big Brother Africa, the continent’s leading television reality show, will come alive with multiple award winning musicians from Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa taking the centre stage.

The big night holding in Johannesburg, South Africa, will also see 28 new housemates from 14 countries being revealed to audiences in over 50 African countries for this year’s show already dramatically tagged “The Chase”.

For 91 days, the reality series will be screened live 24/7 on DStv channels 197 and 198 while GOtv audiences will be able to see highlights on AfricaMagic World.
And the housemates will not only be chasing after the US $300,000 cash prize but the chance of becoming a household name.

In its eight season, BBA, produced by Endemol SA, is open to persons over the age of 21, who are citizens of one of the participating countries. The participating countries are Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi and Namibia.

Others are Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. P.M.NEWS learnt that the “Big Brother The Chase” will combine electrifying twists and big surprises that will require housemates to use their charm to get ahead, possibly leaving room for cupid’s arrow to connect two hearts or more.

The witty and entertaining Nigerian On-Air-Personality IK Osakioduwa returns once again in 2013 to host “The Chase”.
He has won many fans across the continent for his ability to speak openly with housemates and allow them to be at ease at their most vulnerable moments.

“Big Brother Africa is a pretty unique show. Every season has its own special moments and features. I’m super excited to be invited back to host the show. I have thoroughly enjoyed the past seasons and I look forward to bringing a fresh and energetic approach to The Chase,” said Osakioduwa.
Organisers assured that the continent can expect a sensational performance that will ignite the Big Brother live show stage on Sunday.

Audiences can look forward to sassy and upbeat tunes from Kenya’s award winner, STL. The singer and rapper, boasting hit songs such as “Take My Time” , “Hula Hoop”, “Bad as I Wanna Be”, promises to deliver an unforgettable performance with her distinct pop, soul and rap sound.
Representing Nigeria during the big night are Mavin Records team of Don Jazzy, D’ Prince and Wande Coal.

The trio are set to grab audiences with their energetic and charming personas.
Last but not least, one of South Africa’s leading Afro Pop music groups, Mafikizolo will also serenade audiences with their soulful and rhythmic tunes on the big launch night. There will be some comic relief from Kenyan stand-up comedian Daniel Ndambuki, popularly known as Churchill.

The highly talented entertainer has also become a household name with his TV show called “Churchill Live”. Late singer Goldie Harvey, Chris and Ola made it to the Big Brother house last year as Nigeria representatives to the Stargame version of the show.

The edition was won by South African Keagan Pietersen who halted Nigeria’s reign in the reality show. Kevin Pam, Uti Nwachukwu and Karen Igho won the 2009, 2010 and 2011 editions of the shows respectively.

Naij News