Topic: Governor Ordered Police To Bring My Head ––Chief Priest  (Read 3436 times)

Dangerous intrigues leading to the gruesome murder of policemen in Nasarawa:

The Chief Priest of the Ombatse cult group in Nasarawa State, Ala Agu, on Wednesday said that security men that invaded the community were ordered by the governor, Alhaji Tanko Al-Makura, to kill him.

“It is the governor that asked the people (police officers) to come here and arrest me, cut my head and take my head to him. When they came, because they were themselves drunk, my god did not allow them to come to me and they died on the way. The question I asked is...

‘Has the governor ever invited me and I refused to go?’ If am invited, I will go. But he sent people to come and kill me and to destroy Lakyo as a whole. That is just what it is.”

The 76-year-old Agu, popularly called Baba Lakyo, spoke with journalists at the Lakyo community during a visit of Senator Solomon Ewuga (Nasarawa North Senatorial District) to the community.

The chief priest, who spoke through an interpreter, said the security operatives did not come to arrest him, but to kill him “and cut off my head and take it to the governor.”

Asked whether the incident had anything to do with the politics of the state, the Chief Priest said, “If you are talking about politics, it does not bother me. I don’t even understand Hausa language. Politics is not for me because I am not a politician. Politics is for politicians but I hear that the time for politicking has not even come.

“If I ever opened my mouth to force anybody to take oath, God should punish me”.

It would be recalled that Governor Al-Makura had rushed to the Presidential Villa, Abuja on May 8, 2013, to brief Vice-President Nnamadi Sambo on the security situation in the state, saying that 20 policemen were killed in Lakyo by cultists.

The governor had said that members of Ombatse laid ambush and killed security agents sent to arrest the members in their shrine.

But on Wednesday, Baba Lakyo said that he had never been invited by security agencies, contrary to reports that the police invaded the village after he shunned their invitation.

The chief priest said that he is willing to honour any invitation either by the governor or the police, anytime.

So, who is lying and who's telling the truth?

source www.olokunbolablessing.blogspot.com