Topic: Nigerian Man Spots Former Powerful Nigerian Minister Of Oil Trekking On London Street  (Read 365 times)

Nigerian Man Spots Former Powerful Nigerian Minister Of Oil Trekking On London Street

Diezani Alison Madueke, former Minister of Petroleum, was on Monday spotted trekking on the streets of London.

Tweeting via @osquare78, the Nigerian who spotted Diezani said he was going to “ask her about our yams”, but she moved very fast away from him when she saw he wanted to take pictures.

“Guess who I just saw in NW, London? Diezani Alison Madueke,” he tweeted. “When she noticed I wanted to snap her, she quickly moved very fast away from me. I was gonna come down to ask her abt our yams, but the traffic was moving.”

Diezani, minister for eight straight years under the presidencies of Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan, ran to the UK after the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), lost the 2015 presidential election but is facing multiple corruption allegations to the tune of billions of naira back home. 

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is processing her extradition from the UK. In November 2018, the commission confirmed that it had begun the process for Diezani’s extradition, from the UK.

Only two weeks ago, two officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) were sentenced to seven years in prison for receiving bribes from Diezani to compromise the 2015 presidential election. The officials, Christian Nwosu, a former INEC Administrative Secretary in Kwara State, and Tijani Bashir, another former INEC official, were found guilty of benefiting from a sum of $115.01m that Diezani paid to several people towards compromising the election.

Corruption

CRIME

News

AddThis

Featured Image

Original Author

SaharaReporters, New York

Disable advertisements

Source: Nigerian Man Spots Former Powerful Nigerian Minister Of Oil Trekking On London Street