Topic: Idris Elba plays a Nigerian DJ in Netflix’s new series, ‘Turn Up Charlie’  (Read 392 times)

Idris Elba plays a Nigerian DJ in Netflix’s new series, ‘Turn Up Charlie’

Idris Elba has landed the role of a Nigerian DJ in Netflix’s new series, ‘Turn Up Charlie.’

Idris Elba has landed the role of a Nigerian DJ in Netflix’s new series, ‘Turn Up Charlie.’

Elba plays the title character of an old-school D.J, Charlie, who is 20 years past his lone hit and too ashamed to tell his parents back in Nigeria that he’s a failure.

Last night at @operaclub.zagreb Croatia, in my zone...@qtiptheabstract  gave me those headphones after a B2B set with him in New York this week...causally saying “Phife and I rocked with these a lot” ..I nearly passed out!! I was deeply moved by that. 👊🏾👊🏾😎

Charlie is given a final chance at success when he reluctantly becomes a nanny to his famous best friend's problem-child daughter.

Nigerian British actor and writer, Femi Oyeniran joined Laura Neal, and Victoria Asare-Archer, and Georgia Lester as writers for the British web series.

Oyeniran wrote episode 5 of ‘Turn Up Charlie,’ which was directed by Matt Lipsey.

The new series made its debut on the streaming platform on March 15, 2019.

EbonyLife films’ film, ‘Chief Daddy’ also made its debut on Netflix on the same day.

Source: Idris Elba plays a Nigerian DJ in Netflix’s new series, ‘Turn Up Charlie’

- gist culled from pulseng