Topic: Timi Frank asks US, UK to slam visa ban on Army chief, Buratai  (Read 355 times)

Timi Frank asks US, UK to slam visa ban on Army chief, Buratai

[html]The former spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Timi Frank has called on the United States and United Kingdom to slap a visa ban of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai and others involved in the deployment of the military during the just concluded general elections.

The former spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Timi Frank has called on the United States and United Kingdom to slap a visa ban of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai and others involved in the deployment of the military during the just concluded general elections.

Frank said this in a statement which he made available to Vanguard on Wednesday, March 20, 2019.

The former APC spokesman also urged the US, UK and European Union to fulfill their promises of planning a ban on the issuance of visas to instigators of election violence.

Frank said “I hereby use this medium to implore you and your good offices to ensure that justice is done. In the circumstances, I enjoin you to carry out your promise of the denial , revocation and ban of visas for all the principal actors , including the Chief of Army Staff,General Tukur Buratai and his cohorts and politicians who may be complacent in the said dastardly act.

“You may recall that shortly before the 2019 General presidential, National Assembly and governorship elections in Nigeria, I wrote to your good offices to alert you on the impending danger in the plot by the APC led government to use the military and other security apparatus to rig the 2019 general elections and to perpetrate violence which is likely to lead to the killing of innocent electorates .