Topic: Woman Delivers Baby After Two Years Of Pregnancy  (Read 2110 times)

Woman Delivers Baby After Two Years Of Pregnancy
« on: May 31, 2013, 12:30:02 PM »

When Mrs. Prisca Ashiegbu struggled with her husband and finally got pregnant after seven years of fervent prayers to God for the fruit of the womb, she never imagined that she would have to go through so much sufferings and pain, waiting another two years before she eventually “pushed” the baby out.

The nine years of childless marriage to her husband, Henry, was rough but the agony was forgotten when she was delivered of her “miracle baby” on February 2, 2013.

Married in January 2004, the couple who hail from Abazu village in Imo State was not so anxious about having a child in the first year of the marriage. However, they stated their journey of praying and waiting on God by the second year.

For many years, they went from one hospital to another searching for a solution to their childlessness and it was during one of such hospital visits that a scan revealed that Prisca had fibroid.

The doctors said the only solution was for Prisca to undergo surgery but the stories the couple heard about having surgery to remove fibroid didn’t encourage them to go on with the treatment.

“I have always had this phobia of going for surgery especially when it concerns fibroid. I have heard a lot of stories and the stories were not good. Many women had lost their lives in the process and we didn’t know where to go and who to trust. Some other stories we heard were that if one does not conceive within three months after removing the fibroid, it will grow back. I didn’t want my wife to go for the surgery because I had already made up my mind that I’ll rather remain childless than lose my wife to the ailment,” Henry, the husband said.

He further stated that in the search for a solution, they spent a lot of money. “We went to several hospitals and they all said the same thing. We were thinking of the best option that will help reduce the size of the fibroid and hope that pregnancy will occur. We went to a hospital in Abuja and were told that the fibroid could not even be operated upon at the level it was. My wife had to take injection that cost N35,000 each for a period of three months to reduce the size of the fibroid,” Henry added, stressing that when this too failed, they resorted to traditional medicine and were referred to a woman in Gwagwalada, who treated his wife following which she conceived.

He told Leadership that the joy of the pregnancy was cut short when several scans did not reveal the presence of a baby growing in his wife.

“There were physical changes to suggest that she was pregnant but everywhere we went to, they kept telling us what they could see was the fibroid and not a baby but the case was different for the traditional medicine practitioners who confirmed that she was indeed pregnant. The baby, according to the woman, who treated my wife was growing alongside the fibroid. The woman continued her treatment trying to reduce the size of the fibroid so that the baby will mature because the fibroid was delaying the growth of the foetus and when it was nine months, Prisca who is a teacher by profession applied for a maternity

Read more: http://www.informationng.com/2013/05/woman-delivers-her-baby-after-two-years-of-pregnancy.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter