Topic: Pastor Chris Okotie’s Second Marriage Ends  (Read 6947 times)

Pastor Chris Okotie’s Second Marriage Ends
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:12:10 PM »

The marriage between Chris Okotie, the glamorous pastor of the Household of God Church and Stephanie Okotie is over.

Chris Okotie made this announcement during a church service, saying that the differences between he and his wife were irreconcilable and that they had divorced.

The three time presidential candidate said “Stephanie and I are no longer married. We have separated. You can see she’s not in church today. It’s due to irreconcilable differences and you should please respect our wishes at this time because there is no going back”

This is Chris Okotie’s second divorce and Stephanie’s third. They got married on 7th August, 2008 in a glamorous wedding attended by a horde of journalists and celebrities.

Okay over to you, what do you have to say to this?

Register and Post your gists on Naijagist or send to us @ gist@naijagist.com or olutola.obembe@primaxng.com

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie’s Second Marriage Ends
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 06:19:40 AM »
The affairs of a Pastor is between him and God so he's only answerable to his creator...

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie’s Second Marriage Ends
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 07:28:15 AM »
I believe holy matrimony should be for better for worse,why in this case d irreconciliable difference a.k.a worse will destroy d home of a man of GOD???
This has got me really thinking o.

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie’s not the First to get a Divorce
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:59:52 AM »
Pastor Chris Okotie was not the first to divorce and remarry. The first popular case was that of the founder of Pentecostal Church of God in Okota, on the outskirts of Lagos, Bishop Bola Odeleke, whose first husband died. She lost her husband in a motor accident in 1990. Three years after, she remarried Rev. Salau, a member of her church.

She said in a recent interview: "But I soon discovered that my going to marry him was a wrong choice. He was stealing from me. It was a shock to me because I thought a choir leader in a ministry would at least live a clean life."

Bishop Odeleke divorced Rev. Salau and re-married an Akure pastor, Rev. Pius. The marriage collapsed. She said: "I married Rev. Pius because he was a pastor and I thought at least a pastor would be able to complement my ministry. But then, I was wrong again. I found out that many of what we have today among some preachers is grammar, shining shoes, big English and glamour."

Now, she is single and, according to her, not searching.

Pastor Ituah Ighodalo's second marriage generated a lot of furore within the Christian community and especially within the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), where he was in charge of its Christ Church, Gbagada branch.
Pastor Ighodalo was forced to step down as a pastor in the RCCG over his second marriage to former Miss Lux, Ibidunni Ajayi in 2007. His first wife, Lucy-Ann Summer, a fellow chartered accountant, refused to join him in Nigeria and filed for divorce. Pastor Ituah, as he is fondly called, waited for 10 years before remarrying.

Pastor Ighodalo left RCCG to found his church, Trinity Chapel, Landmark village, Lekki, Lagos Island.

With his support, Ibidun runs Elizabeth R, an event planning firm.

The pastor, who said he once contemplated suicide after losing  money in a finance house, had the support of Pastor Tunde Bakare when he remarried.

The Senior Pastor of Calvary Christian Centre, Pastor Olumide Emmanuel, divorced his former wife, Ify, who runs a gospel music and Christian books' store on Opebi Street, Ikeja, Lagos mainland. Last year, he remarried his ex-wife's former secretary.

Ify was some four years older than Pastor Emmanuel. The couple, who lived together in an estate at the back of Phillips, Ojota, appeared happy running their Ikotun-based church, until the bubble burst. The full story of what happened has not been told by either party.

Pastor Emmanuel, aside running a growing church, sits on the board of some businesses, such as Common Sense Ltd, Fingerprint Investment Club (FiC), Parable Ventures Ltd. (PVL), Wealth Creation Network (WCN) and Dynamites Forum International (DFI).

Pastor Emmanuel is the host of numerous conferences and seminars, including the popular 'Wisdom for Singles', 'Wisdom for Couples' and 'How to be a success in life'. His daily and weekly media broadcast, 'Pathway to Wealth', is enjoyed by many.

ediong_post