Topic: Beverly Naya says the media is always more concerned about a woman's marital status than her career  (Read 632 times)

Beverly Naya says the media is always more concerned about a woman's marital status than her career

Beverly Naya shades media for stereotyping women during interviews.

Beverly Naya shades media for stereotyping women during interviews.

Beverly Naya has slammed the way media stereotype interviews with female celebrities around this part of the world.

The movie star made this known via her Twitter page on Sunday, February 9, 2020. According to her, when interviews are held with women from this part of the world, the headline is almost always about her marital status.

"Quite unfortunate that when a woman grants an interview in this part of the world, the headline is almost always about her marital status or opinions on marriage. You’ll spend 30 mins talking about your life, career, and aspirations only to have ‘marriage’ be the focus. Wow," she tweeted.

pulse

It didn't end there as she went on to share some examples of typical headlines used during some of the interviews female celebrities grant.

pulse

"Most common headlines used for women: ‘Why I’ve chosen not to get married’ ‘Why I’m still not married’ ‘The kind of man I want to marry’ ‘The right man hasn’t found me’ ‘I will marry when God says I should’ ‘I will get married when the right man finds me’ ‘Why I’m single,' she added.

Beverly Naya has slammed the way media stereotype interviews with female celebrities around this part of the world. [Instagram/TheBeverlyNaya]                 
Beverly Naya has slammed the way media stereotype interviews with female celebrities around this part of the world. [Instagram/TheBeverlyNaya]

Beverly Naya's tweets sparked off a lot of conversation in her comment section as a lot of people agreed with her. For some, this narrative has to be changed as a lot of women are doing very well in their various careers and shouldn't be stereotyped.

Source: Beverly Naya says the media is always more concerned about a woman's marital status than her career

- gist culled from pulseng