Topic: Nigerian footballers William Troost-Ekong, Kenneth Omeruo, Asisat Oshoala join Cristiano Ronaldo in Nike’s Living Room Cup  (Read 796 times)

Nigerian footballers William Troost-Ekong, Kenneth Omeruo, Asisat Oshoala join Cristiano Ronaldo in Nike’s Living Room Cup

Cristiano Ronaldo, Bebe Vio and Leroy Sane have each week initiated challenges in the Living Room Cup.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Bebe Vio and Leroy Sane have each week initiated challenges in the Living Room Cup.

As lockdown continues in most parts of the world, Nike has introduced the Living Room Cup to encourage people to stay at home to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

Fulfilling the athlete’s natural desire for competition, Nike’s Living Room Cup is a variety of mini-workout challenges measured against the personal bests of Nike pro athletes like Cristiano Ronaldo and Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Hey guys, I have a new challenge for you to stay active: the Living Room Cup 🏆. Can you step up and beat my core crusher record? Show me what you got and use #livingroomcup #playinside @nike @cristiano so I can 👀  you!

In Nike’s Living Room Cup, an athlete does a workout and encourages people to do the same challenge in their respective homes. To compete, Players share their results on their Instagram profiles using the hashtags #playinside and #thelivingroomcup.

The Living Room Cup which is in its third week has had the likes of Nigerian footballers William Troost-Ekong, Asisat Oshoala and Kenneth Omeruo joining superstars like Cristiano Ronaldo to exercise in their living room.

Nike Living Room Cup - Week Three 🏆💪🏽 Thanks for the challenge @leroysane19 ! I count 106, How many can you count? 😉
Let’s see what you’ve got @sekofofana @ighalojude @johnjbostock @hiddetavest
#playinside #livingroomcup @nike

Troost-Ekong, Oshoala and Omeruo took on the challenge initiated by Manchester City player Leroy Sane who did 100 Side Steps in the third week of the Living Room Cup.

It’s Living Room Cup show time and it’s so good to be back at it... think you got what it takes to beat me at my Side Step? 100 to beat… Prove it and use #livingroomcup #playinside @nike @nikeberlin

At their respective homes, the Nigeria internationals did 106 Side Steps and then nominated other players.

Nike Living Room Cup - Week Three. 🏆💪🏽
106 insane side steps in 45 seconds. Not bad for a Sunday.
Thanks for the challenge @leroysane19
I norminate @onosky5 @sabigirl7
 #playinside #livingroomcup @nike @leroysane19

Football star Ronaldo did the first edition of the Living Room Cup with a 45-second exercise. After seeing millions of fans join him in the challenge, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner then nominated Bebe Vio a Paralympic Italian fencer

Another week of playing inside and staying active. Thanks to everyone for trying to beat me 😉 maybe next time! Over to you @bebe_vio. Get ready! #livingroomcup #playinside

Vio is a force of positivity and an athlete inspires everyone with her story. After a quadruple amputation, she refused to let anything get in her path and came back stronger.

🇬🇧 We are done! ✅ Living Room Cup was so much fun!!
Grazie to  everyone who took part, especially kids! My #Flytotokyo team were amazing!
I now get to hand the cup over to
@leroysane19...so get excited for tomorrow!

🇮🇹 Ce l’abbiamo fatta! ✅ La sfida della Living Room Cup è stata fantastica.
Grazie a tutti quelli che ne hanno preso parte, specialmente i bambini! Il mio team di #Fly2tokyo è stato grande.
Ora passo la palla a @leroysane19... tenetevi pronti per domani!

@nike #LivingRoomCup #PlayInside
@art4sport #Fly2tokyo

For the second week of the Living Room Cup, Vio did the Full Body Finisher which takes a strong core to make it through to the finish line.

Nike Living Room Cup - Week Three. 🏆💪🏽
97 insane side steps in 45 seconds. Not bad for a Sunday. #playinside #livingroomcup @nike @leroysane19 @nikelivingroomcup

Nike is doing its best to help people exercise at home during the lockdown. To encourage staying at home to help flatten the curve of the spread of the coronavirus, Nike Master Trainers are leading a free, live-streamed Nike Training Club Community workout on the Nike Youtube channel everyday Saturday morning.

The workouts are suitable for small spaces and all levels of fitness.

Source: Nigerian footballers William Troost-Ekong, Kenneth Omeruo, Asisat Oshoala join Cristiano Ronaldo in Nike’s Living Room Cup

- gist culled from pulseng