Topic: How long does it Take to Get Over a BreakUp literally?  (Read 2063 times)

How long does it Take to Get Over a BreakUp literally?
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:41:44 AM »
Here is a friends question...

So my girlfriend broke up with me about 3 months ago. We had dated for about 2 years before the breakup, and I thought she was a great girl. I've been going through the various stages that come after a breakup, and I'm definitely in a better place than right after the breakup, but in the last couple of weeks, I've been missing her like crazy again. I've had a couple of other longterm relationships breakup, but this one seems to be harder to get over. At this point after other breakups I think I was feeling better than I am now.

At this point, in my mind, she's still beautiful and very much irreplaceable, I can't even imagine dating someone else at this point. However, I know she's not coming back, so I know that I need to get over this. Just wondering, from other people's experiences, is 3 months a normal amount of time to still be really missing someone after a 2 year relationship? Does getting older typically make this easier or worse to deal with?

Anyway, just wondering what peoples' feedback is on how long is normal to feel bad about the end of a couple year relationship.
Register and Post your gists on Naijagist or send to us @ gist@naijagist.com or olutola.obembe@primaxng.com

Re: How long does it Take to Get Over a BreakUp literally?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:00:13 PM »
Olutee,there is no time to measure getting over a girl.
I dated a girl for over 6years,we broke up twice and made up before I finally threw in the towel.
My point is the reason you broke up will always be there but try actually moving on because conclusively time heals all wounds.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:07:05 PM »
I dated a girl for over 6years,we broke up twice and made up before I finally threw in the towel.
My point is the reason you broke up will always be there but try actually moving on because conclusively time heals all wounds.

Well, Its not my case anyways...Buh a another friend i was talking to today says the best way to get over one i sto love another and i think that makes sense.

Love Another and you will get over your ex so its a question of how long it takes you to find and love another?
Register and Post your gists on Naijagist or send to us @ gist@naijagist.com or olutola.obembe@primaxng.com

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 07:11:23 AM »

Well, Its not my case anyways...Buh a another friend i was talking to today says the best way to get over one i sto love another and i think that makes sense.

Love Another and you will get over your ex so its a question of how long it takes you to find and love another?

I agree with that Loving another could be a good way to get over.

I dont think there is really a timeline, its all about you, decide to get over her, get a new love and move on. Basically, You have to let you go and it will be off.