Topic: ‘I pray APC continues to be in crisis’, Wike says he’s happy over ruling party’s ‘mistakes’  (Read 635 times)

‘I pray APC continues to be in crisis’, Wike says he’s happy over ruling party’s ‘mistakes’

Wike says he wants the ruling APC to keep making mistakes for the PDP to continue to grow.

Wike says he wants the ruling APC to keep making mistakes for the PDP to continue to grow.

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State says he is happy that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is in crisis.

Wike said he wants his party to be in power and he’ll continue to pray that the APC keeps making mistakes that’ll bring the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to power.

Speaking during an interview on Arise Television, the governor said he is happy about Governor Godwin Obaseki’s defection to the PDP and the crisis that prompted him to join the opposition party.

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State recently dumped the APC to join the PDP after the latter disqualified him from participating in its primary election.. (Twitter/GovWike)                 
Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State recently dumped the APC to join the PDP after the latter disqualified him from participating in its primary election.. (Twitter/GovWike)

He said, “I am happy that APC is in crisis. It is not my business to help APC to be united,” the governor said.

“Remember that we also had our own crisis under Ali Modu Sheriff and APC jubilated about it then. It is my prayer that they should continue to be in crisis. We have taken another state. Unfortunately, APC isn’t really a political party. They came together just to take over power.

“I want my party to be in power and therefore, I cannot be praying for APC not to have crisis. I hope they continue to make mistakes everyday and my party will continue to grow.”

Wike further said he has no problem with the emergence of Obaseki as the flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party in the September 19, governorship election in Edo state.

He, however, advised that members of the party must be carried along on issues concerning the party.

“Carrying people along does not mean giving money. That is the mistake people make. It means listening to them, appealing to them and making them recognise the greater interest of the party,” Wike said.

Source: ‘I pray APC continues to be in crisis’, Wike says he’s happy over ruling party’s ‘mistakes’

- gist culled from pulseng