Topic: Access Bank appoints Wigwe to succeed Imoukhede  (Read 1688 times)

Access Bank appoints Wigwe to succeed Imoukhede
« on: July 04, 2013, 07:12:37 AM »

Aig-Imoukhuede
The Board of Directors of Access Bank Plc has the appointment of Mr Herbert Wigwe to succeed Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, as Group Managing Director/ Chief executive Officer when he retires from the bank in December.
Aig-Imoukhuede, 46, will be leaving the group  after 11 and a half years of outstanding performance.

A statement signed by the bank’s spokesman, Mr. Olusegun Fafore quoted the Chairman, Access Bank Plc, Mr. Gbenga Oyebode, as having appreciated Aigbeje Aig-Imoukhede efforts on behalf of the management and staff of the bank.
“On behalf of the Board of Directors and our employees, I would like to appreciate Aigboje’s unwavering commitment to excellence and sustainable business practices, which have propelled us to a position of leadership in Nigeria and the sub-region. His vision, integrity and enterprise have earned him local and international recognition.
”Having received the necessary regulatory approvals, I am pleased to announce that Mr. Herbert Wigwe, currently Group Deputy Managing Director has been appointed CEO designate and will succeed Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede at the end of 2013. In line with the Bank’s robust succession planning policies, Aigboje and Herbert will spend the next six months to implement a seamless handover.”
Also, Aig-Imoukhuede said,
“The first chapter of Access Bank’s remarkable transformation story has been completed and I will retire satisfied and giving God all the glory for the successes recorded during my tenure. I thank the Chairman, Mr. Oyebode, other members of our Board and all my colleagues in the Bank for their wonderful support.
Early in 2012, I disclosed to our Board of Directors about my desire to retire at the end of 2013; pursuant to which the Board of Directors unanimously decided that Herbert Wigwe would be the next CEO of Access Bank. He has been an outstanding deputy to me and has a complete understanding of our strategies, culture, technology and competitive environment.
Importantly, he has strong relationships with our entire management team and customers. We believe that Herbert’s background and skills make him a perfect fit to lead Access Bank as we enter the next chapter of our transformation”.
“I am excited to take on this new role,” said Mr. Herbert Wigwe.
“Access Bank has incredibly talented employees and is in a strong position to further its leadership in the industry. I look forward to leading Access Bank in years ahead and helping to make it even stronger than it is today. I would like to thank the Board for their strong endorsement and the opportunity to lead this great institution. I look forward to meeting our employees, customers, and shareholders across our various markets in the weeks and months ahead”.
Mr. Herbert Wigwe served as an Executive Director responsible for Corporate Banking in Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.  In 2002, he resigned to join Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede in transforming Access Bank Plc as Group Deputy Managing Director. Herbert is an alumnus of Harvard Business School, and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). He also holds Masters Degrees in Banking and International Finance from the University College of North Wales and Financial Economics from the University of London respectively.