Topic: Drug trafficker excretes 54 wraps of cocaine  (Read 1605 times)

Drug trafficker excretes 54 wraps of cocaine
« on: July 11, 2013, 06:33:20 AM »
Cocaine weighing 5.9kg worth N74 million has been abandoned by a suspected drug trafficker

The drug was detected by men of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos. The drug which was hidden inside industrial equipment originated from Panama, Central America.

This came as a suspected drug trafficker excreted 54 wraps of cocaine he ingested in Brazil.

NDLEA Commander at the Lagos airport, Mr Hamza Umar, said that the cocaine consignment was left unclaimed. “The luggage was imported from Panama. When nobody came forward to claim ownership, we invited other security agencies and carried out a search. It was in the process of the search that the cocaine was discovered inside the industrial equipment.

“Meantime, a 36-year-old man, Onyema Watson Goodman Nnamdi, was also apprehended in connection with the ingestion of 54 wraps of cocaine weighing 875 grammes. Both seizures weighed 6.775kg.”

The suspect said he wanted to get married with the $4,000 they promised to pay him.

According to Onyema, “I have struggled in my life but I have nothing to show for it. I was in Cape Verde for six years before I went to Brazil in March 2013. My decision to smuggle drugs was to use the proceeds to marry and settle down.”

Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the agency, Alhaji Ahmadu Giade, promised to investigate the illegal shipment and expose those behind it.

He said: “Drug barons have no hiding place. This abandoned seizure is an indication that control measures are working and the country is winning the war on narcotics. This case shall be thoroughly investigated and those that are responsible will be exposed and brought to justice.”

He urged members of the public to support the anti-narcotics campaign in the interest of humanity. The suspect will soon be charged to court, he said.

Vanguard

Man excretes 54 wraps of cocaine
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:13:07 AM »
Cocaine weighing 5.9 kilogrammes has been abandoned by a suspected drug trafficking syndicate.

The drug was detected  by men of  the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

The consignment, which was hidden inside industrial equipment, originated from Panama, Central America.

A press statement signed by the spokesman of the NDLEA,  Mr Mitchel Ofoyeju and made available to tahe Nigerian Tribune on Wednesday,  stated that the  discovery was made just as a suspected drug trafficker, Onyema Watson Nnamdi, excreted 54 wraps of cocaine he ingested in Brazil.

Ofoyeju said “a luggage came from Panama. When nobody came forward to claim ownership, we invited other security agencies and carried out a search. It was in the process of the search that the cocaine was discovered inside industrial equipment.

The cocaine ingested by 36- year-old Nnamdi, weighed 875 grammes.

Onyema said  he had wanted to get married with the sum of 4,000 dollars which the baron promised to pay him.

According to him, “I have struggled all my life but I have nothing to show for it. I was in Cape Verde for six years before I went to Brazil in March 2013.

I decided to smuggle drugs to get money to marry and settle down.”

Chairman/Chief Executive of NDLEA,  Ahmadu Giade, promised to expose those behind it.

“Drug barons have no hiding place. This abandoned seizure is an indication that control measures are working and the country is winning the war on narcotics.

“This case shall be thoroughly investigated and those responsible will be exposed and brought to book,” he said.

Source: http://www.urhobovanguard.com/2013/07/11/man-excretes-54-wraps-of-cocaine/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter