Gist Boards > Corona Virus

[The Guardian] A photographer’s backdrops move to the foreground – in pictures

(1/1)

The Guardian:
A photographer’s backdrops move to the foreground – in pictures

Photographer Katherine Anne Rose found her Glasgow studio filling up with rolls of coloured backdrops. She began layering the coloured backgrounds pinned up on her studio walls, cutting them into grid formations, snipping and layering. “What I do with this paper doesn’t really have a name,” she says. “It’s not origami and I struggle to even say what these are… so I call them ‘paper works’.”Bridget Riley is a huge source of knowledge and inspiration for Rose’s art, as well as Islamic geometric design. “It’s a long, slow process, which is meditative,” she says. “I find making them very peaceful and I hope this is reflected in the pieces themselves.”See more at instagram.com/paper.work Continue reading...
Source: A photographer’s backdrops move to the foreground – in pictures

Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss

Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version