Gist Boards > Corona Virus
[The Guardian] The art of football stadiums by a Special Olympian – in pictures
(1/1)
The Guardian:
The art of football stadiums by a Special Olympian – in pictures
During lockdown, Niall Guite really missed going to football matches. The artist, who is also a basketball gold medal winner at the Special Olympics, a global organisation for athletes with intellectual disabilities, says: “As I support the charity Special Olympics GB, I thought I’d draw stadiums and sell them to raise a little money.” He was amazed when fans around the world got in touch, asking him to draw their favourite grounds. Of the 100 buildings he’s drawn, he says West Ham’s London Stadium was the most tricky to perfect. “It has different angles, I think because it was originally the Olympic Stadium and unusual in its design.”Guite is working with a social enterprise to sell his art and keep donating to charity. “It’s important, because only 6% of people with intellectual disabilities are in employment, so I want to keep raising money. I want to show that people like me can, with help and support, do amazing things.” Continue reading...
Source: The art of football stadiums by a Special Olympian – in pictures
Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss
Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version