Gist Boards > Corona Virus
[The Guardian] The artist who removes skin colour and boundaries – in pictures
(1/1)
The Guardian:
The artist who removes skin colour and boundaries – in pictures
In this series of vibrant oil paintings, Nigerian artist Ekene Stanley Emecheta depicts figures drawn from fantasy, history and his own life, replacing their skin colour with a layer of white paint.“My paintings are based on the human aura,” he says. “I paint over them with white because I think it gives it a soulful look and creates a sense of inward expression… when I eliminate the skin colour, it removes the boundary that makes us limit our humanity and the ways we can imagine ourselves existing.” Continue reading...
Source: The artist who removes skin colour and boundaries – in pictures
Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss
Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version