Gist Boards > Corona Virus
[The Guardian] The brave woman who symbolises Ukraine: Mark Neville’s best photograph
(1/1)
The Guardian:
The brave woman who symbolises Ukraine: Mark Neville’s best photograph
‘This image is from a collection I made called Stop Tanks With Books. I have sent out 750 free copies to try to stop the war’This was taken in May last year in Myrnohrad, an industrial town 50 miles from Donetsk, a stronghold of the illegal Russian occupation in eastern Ukraine. Then, as now, fears of a Russian invasion were high. While much of the west thinks the threat of conflict started only a few weeks ago, it’s been the reality for Ukrainians for almost a decade. I was walking around Myrnohrad taking photos with a big portable flash and a plate camera when I saw this woman sit down and light a cigarette. She looked so confident and self-absorbed. I speak a little Russian, so I told her I was taking pictures of ordinary life across Ukraine and asked if she would pose. She agreed without hesitation. Continue reading...
Source: The brave woman who symbolises Ukraine: Mark Neville’s best photograph
Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss
Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version