Gist Boards > Corona Virus
[The Guardian] A black panther at night (apparently) – Will Burrard-Lucas’s best photograph
(1/1)
The Guardian:
A black panther at night (apparently) – Will Burrard-Lucas’s best photograph
‘It was an incredible moment. A black panther – that rare, almost invisible creature – photographed in the dark of night. I had no idea how the world would respond’I’ve always loved leopards. They’re such elusive, special animals. When I was growing up, black leopards were on my radar. They’re ubiquitous in culture, from The Jungle Book to superheroes – and I thought the black panther was the coolest animal of all. But they’re incredibly rare in the wild, especially in Africa, where I spend most of my time. Photographing them was a dream but not one I thought would ever happen.A black panther is essentially any melanistic big cat, melanism being a condition in which there’s an excess of dark pigment. The main cats that tend to exhibit this are leopards in Africa and Asia, and jaguars in South America. So a black panther in Africa is a black leopard. They’re an animal you hear about, or maybe a friend of a friend once saw one zipping across a road, but photos are so rare. I had never seen a good one. Continue reading...
Source: A black panther at night (apparently) – Will Burrard-Lucas’s best photograph
Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss
Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version