Gist Boards > Corona Virus
[The Guardian] ‘I’d never noticed the icon before’: Ukrainian photographer Arthur Bondar’s best phone picture
(1/1)
The Guardian:
‘I’d never noticed the icon before’: Ukrainian photographer Arthur Bondar’s best phone picture
A surreal image taken in MoscowWhen Arthur Bondar came out of the metro station near Moscow’s Bolshoi theatre, he was heading to a book fair. Besides his work as a photographer, he collects second world war negatives, and there was a catalogue of work by the war photographer Olga Ignatovich he was excited to see. It was early afternoon in Moscow, a relatively mild December day of around -5 or -10C.“I was approaching Nikolskaya Street, which is usually packed with tourists, locals and street performers – that day there was a bunny and an angel. I was passing through a pedestrian crossroads. There had once been a monastery here, dedicated to Saint Nicholas, which closed in 1923 and was demolished in 1935. I’d never noticed the icon on the left before.” Continue reading...
Source: ‘I’d never noticed the icon before’: Ukrainian photographer Arthur Bondar’s best phone picture
Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss
Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version