Gist Boards > Corona Virus

[The Guardian] A year on the River Thames, part one – in pictures

(1/1)

The Guardian:
A year on the River Thames, part one – in pictures

The first in a series of photo essays looking at a year in the life of the great River Thames. Jill Mead, a longtime London resident and urban photographer, takes a look at the many sides and seasons of the waterwayAfter my initial elation on receiving an email from work suggesting a year-long project photographing the River Thames, from its source to the sea, I wondered whether I was given this project to lift my spirits. It had been a tough eight months: tragic sibling loss, parental loss, ​precarious finances, family illness. But something only two minutes from my door seemed to help: the River Thames. I’ve always headed to the river: on it, in it, across it, cycling next to it. It’s always been where I liked to wander.Dawn of the spring equinox at Tower Bridge, London. Continue reading...
Source: A year on the River Thames, part one – in pictures

Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss

Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version