Gist Boards > Corona Virus

[The Guardian] Sand castles: Miami Beach’s ornate lifeguard towers – in pictures

(1/1)

The Guardian:
Sand castles: Miami Beach’s ornate lifeguard towers – in pictures

Photographer Tommy Kwak loves being on the beach. ‘Water brings a sense of clarity,’ he says. ‘Visually, I’m attracted to the simplicity of horizon, sky and sea – minimal and endless at the same time. This love of water exposed me to lifeguard towers, first on Miami Beach, then southern California and closer to home in Montauk, New York.’An art book of the Miami shots is in the works and next Kwak plans to photograph lifeguard towers in New England. ‘I’ve also gotten tips on peculiar looking towers in South Korea and Argentina. So I have lots of material to work with.’
* Lifeguard Towers: Miami is published by Blurring Books Continue reading...
Source: Sand castles: Miami Beach’s ornate lifeguard towers – in pictures

Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss

Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version