Gist Boards > Corona Virus

[The Guardian] Teenage clicks – a century of British youth culture caught on camera

(1/1)

The Guardian:
Teenage clicks – a century of British youth culture caught on camera

A photography exhibition curated by the Museum of Youth Culture in Coventry, including images submitted by the public, opens in JulySonia Long was a Black punk from Nottingham in the 1980s. She remembers having to rope her friends in to help straighten her naturally curly hair to achieve her spiked hairstyle.“I’d left home and was staying with a friend in her flat in a high-rise. I wasn’t working at the time, so we just used to hang around, meet up with friends and go and see bands,” she said. “[My friend] was like: ‘Let me take your photo.’ I can’t remember where we were going but there was definitely a pub involved and maybe a gig later on.” Continue reading...
Source: Teenage clicks – a century of British youth culture caught on camera

Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss

Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version