Gist Boards > Corona Virus

[The Guardian] Folded wings: birdlife as colourful collages – in pictures

(1/1)

The Guardian:
Folded wings: birdlife as colourful collages – in pictures

Sarah Suplina has long been fascinated with the birds flitting around in her back yard in Connecticut. The artist decided to capture them in collage form: painting thick watercolour paper, cutting it with scissors and knives and layering everything together using extra-strong glue. “I want my work to capture the beauty of each bird, along with some of his or her natural surroundings,” she says. As the series evolved, Suplina started looking further afield to create hens and sparrow, parrots and kingfishers. “I have discovered so many different, wonderful birds to create and share. I have just scratched the surface... the sky’s the limit!”instagram.com/sarahsnippets Continue reading...
Source: Folded wings: birdlife as colourful collages – in pictures

Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss

Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version