Gist Boards > Corona Virus

[The Guardian] A niqab and balloon shoes for a Moroccan basketball fan: Mous Lamrabat’s best photograph

(1/1)

The Guardian:
A niqab and balloon shoes for a Moroccan basketball fan: Mous Lamrabat’s best photograph

‘We recreated a pair of Nike trainers and I used Michael Jordan’s number on the niqab. It’s as if, in a parallel universe, this is the uniform for basketball’I was born in the north of Morocco, with six siblings. We moved to Belgium when I was two but went back to visit family every year. They were the best times, when memories were made and inspiration was created. Nostalgia is one of my favourite feelings. It takes you back to when you were more free, and I’ve tried to put the things that I grew up with in my work.There have always been two parts to my work. Fashion, because there you can be creative; there are no borders – everything can be fashion as long as there are clothes involved. And then there are the things that I just loved doing. As a kid, I remember embroidering Nike logos on to the hat my dad used to wear to the mosque, because I thought it was cool. My work is a photographic continuation of that kind of thing. Continue reading...
Source: A niqab and balloon shoes for a Moroccan basketball fan: Mous Lamrabat’s best photograph

Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss

Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version