Gist Boards > Corona Virus

[The Guardian] They built this city on rock’n’roll: architecture on album sleeves – in pictures

(1/1)

The Guardian:
They built this city on rock’n’roll: architecture on album sleeves – in pictures

The latest exhibition at the Modernist gallery in Manchester started with a dad joke. Designer and producer Andy Votel was DJing when someone requested some house music, to which he retorted: “We’ve got some records with houses on the front.”The Modernist’s Eddy Rhead asked him to curate a selection of album sleeves featuring architecture from his extensive vinyl collection. “I get as much from a record sleeve as I do from the music,” says Votel. “I didn’t do this exhibition to showcase very rare records with inappropriate price tags – this can exist in any of our collections.”
* House Music: Architecture on Record Sleeves is at the Modernist, Manchester, until 10 September Continue reading...
Source: They built this city on rock’n’roll: architecture on album sleeves – in pictures

Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss

Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version