Gist Boards > Corona Virus
[The Guardian] ‘I feel a great sense of freedom’: the flying women of Mexico – in pictures
(1/1)
The Guardian:
‘I feel a great sense of freedom’: the flying women of Mexico – in pictures
When Women Fly is a project about the participation of women in the Danza de los Voladores (Dance of the flying men), a traditionally male ritual still performed today in Cuetzalan del Progreso, Mexico“Everytime I put on my costume and I jump off the pole I feel a great sense of freedom” says Irene García, a 33 year old voladora – or flying woman – from Cuetzalan del Progreso, a mountain town in the Mexican state of Puebla.Irene García is part of the group Caballeros Aguilas and more recently she joined the whole female group called Mujeres Voladoras de Cuetzalan. On her back she bears a tattoo of a dreamcatcher. Continue reading...
Source: ‘I feel a great sense of freedom’: the flying women of Mexico – in pictures
Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss
Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version